Welcome Kittens & Dawgs! I’m still going through my camera roll revisiting last month’s Christmas outing. I took this shot in Rutherfordton which is about a 15 minute drive from last week’s featured photo shoot. I loved the decorations gracing these two quaint structures that make up the Carrier Houses Bed & Breakfast.
Next is my Wednesday Hodgepodge segment hosted by Joyce. This is an excellent way to get to know your fellow blogger and you’re invited to play alone. Here are my responses.
1. January is National Mentoring Month. Have you ever had a mentor? Been a mentor? How would you rate the experience? I have not served as a mentor in an official capacity but aren’t we all mentors? Sometimes we are mentors without knowing that we are. Friends look to us for guidance, especially those younger than us and if we’re parents then we are to our children. Helping others to see what they already know is a satisfying feeling.
2. What current trend makes no sense to you? Men’s hair fashion. If you’re like me then you remember long hair of the 70s, then big hair of the 80s. These days you have guys with long hair who like to wear it up in a bun. What I’d like to shout to these idiots is “Seriously, dude are you trying to look like your grandma?” How can anyone think this looks good or cool or anything other than DUMB! But, we live in a society of sheep. If one person does it then everyone follows. I have an idea, why not follow that person over a cliff? Okay, not really but…you might as well you stupid heads! This trend only doesn’t make sense it annoys me. Can you tell?
3. I saw a cartoon on Facebook highlighting a few ‘weird’ things that make you happy as an adult. The list included-writing with a nice pen, having plans canceled, freshly cleaned sheets, eating the corner brownie, cleaning the dryer lint screen, and sipping coffee in that brief time before anyone else wakes up. (Credit for the cartoon goes here) Of the ‘weird’ things listed which one makes you happiest? What is one more ‘weird’ thing you’d add to the list? Slipping beneath freshly laundered sheets always brings a smile to my face. Sometimes if I stretch the imagination I can smell that lined dry scent. I do not line dry anything but if I had a bit of property then I’d love to have a clothesline to hang things in warm weather.
4. What’s the last good thing you ate? Last night for dessert, I had a slice of Homemade Black Walnut cake. It was good!
5. Describe life in your 20’s in one sentence. During my 20s, I felt conflicted with who I was and what I wanted but by the time I turned 27 I felt a peace with where I was in my life.
6. Insert your own random thought here. Just down the street from The Carrier Houses Bed & Breakfast (featured photograph) is the Rutherfordton courthouse. According to their website, it’s the largest Christmas tree in North Carolina. It wasn’t dark enough for the lights to show but you can see the string of lights are lit. The star is on as well but against the sky it’s not easily seen with the eye and it definitely didn’t pick up in my photograph. Downtown Rutherfordton is a lovely, quaint area and I do want to go back during the Christmas season again…maybe at night. 😉