Not long ago, I converted my children’s book to e-format ($1.99). That’s isn’t a bad deal. Now, it’s even better! For the entire month of June, I’m running a $0.99 cent special! At checkout, be sure to enter Coupon Code: NE47C to get the 50% off savings!
If you would like a personally autographed copy of my book ($7.99 MSRP) from my personal reserve, then I’m going to extend the 50% off offer to those who buy the e-book version. Your cost will be $4.00 plus shipping/handling.
To complete the special pricing a manual PayPal invoice will need to be generated. This is easy-peasy! All you’ll need to do is send an email to email@example.com and I’ll be happy to do this for you.
NOTE: This offer is effective only while supply lasts or until June 30, 2012 which ever comes first.
Okay, I’m not talking about CCR’s hit song. In fact, at 11:35 p.m. on May 5th there will be a full moon. It won’t be like any other full moon. As pictured below in 2011, we had a similar occurrence.
The Bible describes the moon as the lesser light of the night. This Saturday, the moon will come within 221,802 miles from Earth and predicted to be 16% brighter than normal.
Scientist report there is no reason for alarm. The slight distance difference isn’t enough to cause any weird acts of Mother Nature. However, it should be an excellent opportunity for sky gazers to view a spectacularly bright and big moon nicknamed, Supermoon.
My good friend forwarded this interesting, fact laced email about coffee filters. Who knew? Not me! The neat thing is you can buy 1,000 at your local Dollar Tree for dah, $1.00 and that can get you the larger ones, too. Perhaps, you’ll find it this just as intriguing as I did. Thanks Lisa F!
25 very useful ways to use coffee filters:
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome… Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters..
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them.. It soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great “razor nick fixers.”
15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or applique for soft fabrics.
16. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups and stews.
18 Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
20. Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
22. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
23. Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a zip-lock plastic bag until they sprout.
24. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book.
25. Use as a disposable “snack bowl” for popcorn, chips, etc.
Oh, yeah! They are great to use in your coffee maker, too! 😉
I have not used coffee filters in these sorts of capacity other than in a coffee maker but I certainly will consider some of these some time. Good ideas!
Hubba-hubba, this is freaky stuff! Tonight around 6:28pm EST Asteroid 2005 YU55 will pass about 202,000 miles from the earth. That’s closer than the moon, folks, which is roughly 239,000 miles from us. This chunk of space rock reportedly is 1,300 feet across. That’s about the size of our home and it’s gonna be traveling fast, fast at 29,000 mph.
This will be the first closest flyby of its kind in over thirty years. Don’t worry, according to the report there is no reason to worry with it impacting the earth. So, you don’t need to run to the basement for shelter. Perhaps, if you’re lucky enough you may even catch a glimpse of this faint and fast moving space rock somewhere in the sky this evening!
Elaine Aradillas wrote an article about the Mcstay family disappearance in People Magazine (May 2011). A sense of darkness fell over me as I read the article about the missing McStay (Joseph & Summer and boys Ginni and little Joseph) family since February 2010.
I suspected foul play in the beginning, but as the details unfolded these facts mystified me:
The family just moved into a new home.
No physical evidence of something gone wrong to point blame.
Family regarded as happy and normal.
No credit card trail to follow and limited visual spotting documented.
The husband’s $100,000 bank account sits untouched.
Aradillas reports the last visual on the family was on surveillance camera near the US-Mexico border 60 miles from their home. Some suspect, someone in the family could’ve been very ill and they were looking for a homeopathic alternative, but slipping across the border in the middle of the night and without telling the family of their plan sounds ludicrous.
To disappear without a trace would mean, you would have to have money and connections. Could it be they went through Mexico to elude suspension? Did they manage to get out of North America all together to reach another destination, perhaps aboard?
Another scenario is something no one wants to think about but certainly could be the and that is, the murder of the family.
Corruption south of the border is widespread. Most people live in fear for their lives and if they know anything about what happened to the Mcstays they are reluctant with coming forward.
My prayers are certainly this is no so and they are somewhere happy and well, but there are many questions and few answers.
Someone out there knows something. It’s only a matter of time before the authorities find the missing part of this puzzle to bring the picture together. Let’s pray that it’ll be a picture with lots of smiles.
Visit: https://bestcarseathub.com/ (link doesn’t work) to offer your prayers, lend your support, and to learn of the news and if you have info please come forward.
Our prayers are with you, Joseph, Summer, Gianni, & little Joseph!
Do you know the whereabouts of this family?
Please help bring the McStay family home. Is there something you can do to shed light on the mysterious vanishing?
God’s blessings to Michael McStay & the whole family!
Update: Family murdered. Suspect, Joseph McStay’s business partner. Read details here.
Recently, I got an fasinating email featuring a man who shapes living trees into the most interesting designs. Above is Peter sitting in his first garden chair. Isn’t this neat? I bet kids love sitting in it, don’t you? I mean, I’d like to sit in it.
Peter conceived the idea of growing a chair in 1986. Nine year later he partnered with Becky to turn his dream into a reality. The two formed Pooktre and together they mastered the art of tree shaping. Peter’s living chair is now 13 years old. Imagine that!
I would like to invite you to check out Pooktre Tree Shapers and be amazed at what Peter and Becky have created with a little gentle massaging to nature’s own.
This is way too good to keep to myself. Just check this out, Amazon has lowered the price of my book. I’m not sure why this is, but who cares, right? This is a hot deal and YOU can get in on a good thing now!
“What’s the book about,” you ask. Read below…
Indian summer gave way in the Appalachian Mountains with the colors of autumn blanketing the East Tennessee hillside. Two sisters, Brittany and Nicole, were spending the weekend with their grandparents.
On the first evening of their stay, Great-Grandma Sarah had come for a visit. By the warmth of a cozy fire in the living room, Brittany and Nicole listened closely to Great-Grandma’s true story about a face-to-face meeting with a panther named, Ole Green Eyes, and how she and younger sister, Ella, barely escaped a terrible fate.
The weekend’s promise of fun with their grandparents included cookie baking, apple picking, and romping through the leaves. However, when the two sisters venture into the woods and find a large paw print in the soft dirt, they suddenly recall Great-Grandma’s story and warnings about wild animals in the woods from their Papaw. As the late afternoon sunlight begins to fade, the woods darken quickly and things soon get a little scary. Turn the pages now, if you dare to read Brittany and Nicole’s adventure in, THE TALE OF OLE GREEN EYES.
This is an early reader both boys and girls, ages 5-9, will enjoy. If you still want an autographed copy, but want to take advantage of Amazon’s hot deal then zip me an email requesting an autographed book-plate. Send who you want the book to be autographed to and your address.