Welcome Kittens & Dawgs! This post is gonna be jammed pack since three memes collide this time but hockey smoke, can you believe it’s a brand new month so soon? Not me! The year is goin’ up in a puff of smoke!
For the last several weeks I’ve shared photographs of barns. This will conclude my series with another countryside barn.
I snapped this along a rural stretch of road in Lafollette, Tennessee north of Knoxville on a Sunday afternoon drive. In keeping with my series I used the original to create new photo-artwork using the following apps.
The later two images I really like because it captures the essence of late fall and perhaps are my preferred apps to create photo-art. Do you like one more than the other?
Ooooh…BING! battle song inspiration on a platter! How many of y’all remember Polly Brown’s 1974 hit Up In A Puff Of Smoke? If not, allow me to refresh your memory….
This is my featured song for this “Battle of the Bands” (BoTB) showdown. If you’re new to this meme, here’s how it works. I will share two versions of the same song (the original artist, Polly Brown in this round, is NOT an eligible candidate for the showdown, please do not vote on hers as it won’t get counted) and ask you to vote (in comments) for the best singer/band song cover. There’s no wrong vote, except a no-vote so please weigh in and enjoy the fun.
Contender #1 The Rubinoos
Contender #2 Boyz
BoTB used to be a twice per month meme but since July many participants have cut to playing just once a month. Stephen (click icon below) lists the most updated players on his site and you’re invited to check it out. Mark your calendar to check back next week this time as I will share my pick and the outcome of this battle!
My last mix-in for today is Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce. It’s a fun mid-week Q&A session and it’s a great way for you to get to know me better, as well as for me to get to know those playing along. Here are my responses.
1. What does/did Halloween look like at your house this year? Did you decorate? Pick pumpkins? Carve pumpkins? Expect trick or treaters? Wear a costume to a party or event? Make a costume? Feel glad you didn’t have to come up with a costume? Cook a Halloween themed treat? Eat all the leftover candy? In yesterday’s post My Memorable Halloween, I shared several old photos of my children from Halloweens past. You might like it. The only decorating I do for Halloween is to set out my Peanuts collection, “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”. No picking or carving pumpkins. We haven’t done that in years. No trick or treaters expected. In fact, we discourage them by keeping the porch light off. No costume or part. I have made costumes in the past for the kids but nothing in years. Yep, I made home-made caramels and caramel corn. The only leftover candy we’ll have is what we bought and hopefully it won’t be gone any time soon.
2. What are you waiting for? Elaborate. I don’t know if I’d say I’m waiting for it but you might, I’m waiting for the upcoming holidays. I look forward to the season of Thanksgiving. Cooking and baking are enjoyable creative outlets but I don’t do anything super ordinary. I keep a traditional menu. It’s just a lot of fun for me.
3. Do you wish you were friendlier, braver, more creative, more athletic, or something else? Explain. Maybe, a little bit of each. I tend to keep to myself when in public and am aprehensive when a stranger speaks. Who couldn’t use a little more bravery or creativity? I reckon athletic abilities don’t interest me. I’m athletic enough for the things I do, although I certainly could stand be more in shape.
4. When it comes time to paint are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone? What was the last paint job completed at your house? What room most needs painting now? How do you feel about wallpaper? Most home repairs, we prefer doing them if we can. I’m not sure when the last paint job was done but every room needs painting badly and my first project is the kitchen. I don’t care a great deal about wallpaper.
5. What is one specific thing you felt gratitude for in the month of October? This is hard to say. I am gratiful for everything but I think the one thing I’m gratiful a little more than usual is my wonderful husband. We learned about some dear friends who separated and is getting a divorce. I didn’t see this coming and they were the last people I’d think that this could happen to, too. I’m thankful to have a truly loyal husband who is also my best friend. I am blessed!
6. Insert your own random thought here. I decided sporadically that I need to scale back on blogging for the rest of the year. I’m not sure how much I want to do between now and January but I think it’s necessary. Anytime I see what I’m doing as a chore then the fun is gone. I don’t want to add unneeded pressures to my schedule with the holidays coming or blogging life. Bloggers are dropping out of cyberspace like flies. Luckily many of those I started down this path with are still blogging and I think they are like me, they still find joy in doing it. I just found my way back to the Hodgepodge, so I will try to keep going. I do suggest if you’re new-to-me or if just want to find your way back here easily, then please join my email subscription to get instant notification of my latest mews.
Thanks for joining the mid-week fun. I hope you’ll step back into time with me tomorrow with Throw Back Thursday. Have a good day!