Good-morning, kittens & dawgs! Last week, Kisma shared Getting to know me…2018. I like the idea and I decided to play along. I lifted the questions from her webpage with the original author’s link back at the end, so please visit both bloggers. Grab a cup of coffee and listen to the below US Top 40 playlist while you read my first edition of “Get to Know Me 2018“.
0. Share your profile picture if you have one. I use this picture on my blog profile.
However, if you want to see my mug shot, I mean my beautiful face then look under my About Cathy section.
1. Who are you named after? My grandma told me I was named after her best friend, Kathleen but when I asked my mom she didn’t have an answer to why she named me Cathy. Incidentally, my grandma spelled my name with a “K” her entire life. She was the only one to do it in the family until this past Christmas when half of my aunts/uncles addressed me as “Kathy”. What’s with that? I signed our Christmas card with Cathy and still my name is misspelled. *smack forehead*
2. Do you like your handwriting? Yep, I like it. I use a hybrid cursive style between old school and Italic handwriting. DH refers to it as decorative and tells me to use clear, print style lettering on envelopes for legibility. lol
3. What is your favorite lunch meat? Turkey & Cheese. That doesn’t sound lean but per slice it only 25 or 30 calories. It has fewer calories than Bologne or other lunch meats and I actually prefer it. 🙂
4. Longest relationship? I’m assuming we’re speaking of one’s significant other, right? This June, DH and I will celebrate 39 years of marriage and September marks our 42nd anniversary as a couple. But…I’ve known DH most of my life. I reckon since we survived nearly 42 years of togetherness then we may as well stick it out. What do you think? 🙂
5. Do you still have your tonsils? Yep.
6. Would you bungee jump? Are you kidding? Well…it depends how much you will pay me? No pay, then never mind the cost isn’t worth all the tea in China. I’ll keep my feet over solid ground thank you!
7. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I have a pair of tennis shoes I do not untie. I have them laced and tied loose enough for me to slip them on and off. These are the ones I wear for quick trips outside to get the mail or what ever. My regular sneakers I do tie/untie.
8. Favorite ice cream? That’s a tough choice because I never meet an ice cream that I didn’t like but I’d say my favorite is Chocolate Peanut Butter. I usually pick chocolate varieties over vanilla every time.
9. What is the first thing you notice about people? I’m not totally sure but I think it’s the face in general. I notice if a person is happy, sad, angry, trusting, suspicious, old, young, quizzical, bewildered, or any other expressions. After some of the news articles, I’m going to pay even more attention to anyone approaching me. It’s scary to think of how crazy, evil some people are throwing acid or other substances in people’s faces.
10. Football or baseball? Football.
11. What color pants are you wearing? Red sweatpants. It’s winter. I like snuggly warm stuff for lounging around the house or doing chores.
12. Last thing you ate? By the time you read this answer it is for last Wednesday morning and that would be breakfast – an egg, a biscuit, and gravy. Yum!
13. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? My favorite color, PINK!
14. Favorite smell? I guess I’d have to say “the best part of waking up…” fresh brewed coffee. Mmm, good!
15. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? The receptionist at DH’s eye surgeon to request a refill on his script.
16. Hair color? Sandy brown spackled with glitter. Doesn’t that sound better than….shhh… gray?.
17. Eye color? Hazel-green. Of course, this changes. Sometimes I have hazel-brown or hazel-gray eyes depending on the light hitting my eyes.
18. Favorite foods to eat? Pizza, Mexican, and hamburgers!
19. Scary movies or happy endings? Definitely happy endings!
20. Last movie you watched?
21. Favorite Holiday? Christmas.
22. Beer or Wine? Neither. I don’t drink alcoholic beverages. Blah!
23. Night owl or early bird? Early bird.
24. Favorite day of the week? Friday.
25. Can you crack an egg one-handed? I can but I haven’t purrfected it. Sometimes I get a little messy.
26. Coffee or Tea? I’m a coffee drinker but I do enjoy hot tea when it’s cold. Needless to say, I’ve been drinking a lot of it lately.
27. Favorite go to beverage? Water mostly but I do like having Diet Rite with dinner especially on the weekends.
28. Mac or PC? I love Apple products! We converted from PC to Mac in 2007 but we still have a Windows based laptop & desktop computer. They aren’t used very much, though. In fact, I really need to update the security programs on both.
29. Do you prefer to read or watch TV? I’m not much for reading other than blogs so I prefer to watch TV.
30. Which three of your favorite bloggers you would like to know more about? (link to their about page if they have one) I welcome the chance to get to know all of my readers, so if you like this concept then please lift these questions below to create your own post and don’t forget to do a pingback to my blog so I’ll know to stop by to check it out!
100. For the original post – Copy this link
It’s your turn! Lift & create your own “Get to Know Me 2018” post and be sure to either add a backlink to my place or leave me a comment. Have a fun! 😉
- Share your profile picture if you have one.
- Who are you named after?
- Do you like your handwriting?
- What is your favorite lunch meat?
- Longest relationship?
- Do you still have your tonsils?
- Would you bungee jump?
- Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
- Favorite ice cream?
- What is the first thing you notice about people?
- Football or baseball?
- What color pants are you wearing?
- Last thing you ate?
- If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
- Favorite smell?
- Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
- Hair color?
- Eye color?
- Favorite foods to eat?
- Scary movies or happy endings?
- Last movie you watched?
- Favorite Holiday?
- Beer or Wine?
- Night owl or early bird?
- Favorite day of the week?
- Can you crack an egg one handed?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Favorite go to beverage?
- Mac or PC?
- Do you prefer to read or watch TV?
- Which three of your favorite bloggers you would like to know more about? (link to their about page if they have one)
100. For the original post – Copy this link
linking up taking a HOT coffee break with Stacy Uncorked and Eugenia @BrewNSpew this morning and you’re invited to come with and let me remind you to visit again tomorrow for not-so Wordless Wednesday.