Good morning, Kittens and Dawgs! I’m going to keep things simple today. This is a short but full week for many especially for those of us in the US. Our mewsic theme is songs about “Thanksgiving or being thankful“. Here’s my Thanksgiving playlist!
- “Be Thankful for What You Got” by William DeVaughn (incidentally I used this three cover songs of this in last week’s BoTB. You’re invited to check it out & cast your vote for your favorite artist) is an excellent song to remind us to be grateful for what we have instead of looking to our neighbors who have more and to be thankful. This is the way I translate it….be happy with what you have, keep your eyes off what others have because when you look around there are others who are worse off than you.
- “Every Good Thing” by The Afters reminds us we’re all guilty of taking life for granted and it’s with these words I am thankful…”You’re the reason for every good thing, every heartbeat. Every day we get to breathe. You’re the reason for anything that lasts, every second chance. Every laugh, life is so sweet.”
- “Why Me Lord” by Kris Kristofferson isn’t a song I would say reminds me of Thanksgiving but I certainly get the point of the lyrics, it’s a humbled man talking to the Lord who’s obviously filled with gratitude for Jesus’ love
- “Thankful” by Josh Groban reminds us there is joy around us but we forget to notice which is something I’m constantly reminding myself to seek the happy tidbits amidst the troubles because life isn’t purrfect.
- “Presence of the Lord” by Blind Faith is considered to be the first true supergroup formed by Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Steve Winwood, and Ric Grech. Another song title that isn’t obviously stated but showing your thankfulness is to live in the presence of the Lord.
- “All Things” by Citizen Way is a story told by a woman living on hard times who reminds the listener to give the Lord thanks for all things even those things we don’t even know. This is something I strive to pray for daily because I know everything in my world comes from God and without Him I’d have nothing.
- “Grateful” by Rita Ora is an excellent reminder that we give thanks for the storms in our lives because rising above it all makes us stronger while teaching us to appreciate the sun even more.
This is a weekly hop for mewsic enthusiasts regardless if you follow our weekly theme or not if you have mewsic to share then we’re ready to dance with you. Otherwise, I ask that you do not link non-mewsic posts to boost traffic to your site. You’re welcome to leave your URL in comments with a brief description inviting me (and others) to check it out. Thank you for respecting this simple rule!
What mewsic moves you today? ?
I invite you hop over to McGuffy’s Reader for more “Sparks” of inspiraiton/encouragement. Let’s make the world a better place, one person at a time beginning with #1! 😉
Do you see your life as good, bad, or in-between? What things are you thankful for this year?
Keep those tunes playing and your body swaying, I’ll see ya around the cyber block as quickly as possible. It’s gonna get busy from here on! X💋X💋, Cathy