Usually Monday’s are busy for me with my Monday’s Music Moves Me hopping and I haven’t in a loooong time to linked up with several memes I enjoy participating in. Today I’m changing things right here and now. That being said, I’m heading over now to link up for Monday’s Quiz About Me. Why not join me?
This week’s question are: 1. What room in the house do you try your hardest to keep clean?
The living room is the focal point of our family life. This the room I try to keep in order. This is our safe haven… Our place to unwind… Our place to de-stress. Our place to feel totally at home in!
2. How do you describe your blog to someone you just met? My blog is like spending time with a friend in her living room. I do a lot of interactive blogging that incorporate my interests. Now, if you haven’t joined my circle of friends, I invite you to follow me and I’ll be sure to do the same. It will be great fun getting to know you better!
3. What was your lie from last week? (If you didn’t play last week, What was your favorite cartoon you watched as a kid?)
4. What is your favorite kind of salad? (post a recipe if you got one)
Generally speaking, I prefer a tossed salad of lettuce, tomatoes, onions, black olives, cucumbers, broccoli, and a bit of shredded cheddar cheese topped with just about any kind of dressing. While I’m on a diet, I’ve been using Kraft fat-free Italian dressing and that’s good. But, if I love the creamy cheddar cheese dressing at my favorite restaurant – Copper Cellar. Oh yum, is that delicious!
As prompted, here’s my question:
5. Is it beginning to feel like autumn in your neck of the woods? What was this morning temperature?We are experience autumn here in the Tennessee Valley. This morning is the chilliest we’ve had at 49 degrees. I had to put not only my sweatpants on, but a sweatshirt, too. I just this time of the year!
Today’s quote is my contribution in today’s Monday Musings link up….
“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” ~Albert Camus
My Miscellany Monday ramblings begin here….
This morning, this little poem was penned pecked out on my keyboard just for you. I call this…
I’m amiss of the days that slipped
Memories of yesterday I wish
Today is a gift
That’s why its a present
With tomorrow’s dreams
Of things I’m hoping for
Never have regret. Take time, to stop & smell the roses. Yeah, I know it’s a cliché, but soooo true!
Are you still dragging after sitting your alarm clocks forward? Me? Not so much – about the same as every other Monday. It helps to tape my eye lids open, I found. That way I don’t walk into anything. Now, if I can figure how to get my feet to coöperate.
Just because the weekend is over doesn’t mean we can have fun, right? Get your work week started with a few laughs by reading, Men vs Women – The way they think. Then, follow me over to Heather’s at Acting Balanced!
In keeping with the original Meet Me On Monday format hosted by Java from Never Growing Old, Heather will post 5 questions each Sunday for us to copy and paste into our own Monday morning post. Be sure to display the MMOM button on your post, which you can grab off her site by clicking below…
1. What are your plans for St. Patrick’s Day?
I plan to make Reuben sandwiches and potato soup with a nice tall glass of ‘Kiss me I’m Irish’ (lime sherbet & 7-Up) or “Me Pot O’ Gold” (rainbow sherbet & 7-Up). Oh yes, I’ll be sure to wear me green, too. The green in my hazel eyes just doesn’t seem to be enough to keep me from being pinched.
2. What is your favorite room in your house?
The one room that gives me much joy and comfort is the living room. We spend a lot of time relaxing there on the weekends – watching movies or playing games. It’s a lovely spot to sit in the early morning hours to catch a glimpse of dawn’s first light, as a gorgeous East Tennessee sunrise greets my day.
3. What ‘gadget’ do you have that you can’t live without?
That’s a rather tough one to call. I guess I would have to say my computer. This is the one gizmo that consumes a good part of my days. I would bet my last nickel most MMOM readers will pick the same thing, what do you think?
4. What will your first thought be when you learn that you won a lottery?
I don’t know, I’ll be passed out on the ground. I guess seconds before I hit the floor, though, the thought, “Hallelujah!” will light my whole world up. Can you imagine winning the lottery? How glorious would it be to get out of debt practically overnight and to have the means to help your family or others. Unfortunately, there is only one problem with winning the lottery – I don’t play! *sigh*
5. Other than Acting Balanced and your own, what is your favorite blog to read?
To say my favorite would be hard press. If you’ll scroll down my homepage, you’ll see a number of regular memes I participate in. These would be among my favorites, I would say. However, I enjoy every blog I visit. Yeah, I know that’s not any kind of answer for you and you’re probably screaming, “That’s cheating, Cathy! You gotta pick one!” But, no I’m not gonna do it. I love all my bloggy friends too much! Thank you for being my friend. =D
Last night on Celebrity Apprentice, Donald Trump fired two of the men after losing to the women. First to get the boot was comedian Adam Carolla who served as project leader on the Buck Verona ad campaign and shortly followed was Indy race car driver, Michael Andretti.
If ever there was a project which fit a Celebrity Apprentice like a glove then this would have been the one for Michael Andretti. To my surprise and the rest of the viewing audience, Andretti failed to step up to owning the challenge when Carolla claimed leadership of the task.
Three words: Is it Spring? Oh heavens, yes! It was an absolutely gorgeous spring-like day here yesterday with a beautiful sunny, blue skies and temperatures in the upper 60s. The Forsythia is bursting in its glorious yellow hue and all the trees’ blossoms of pink, white, and purple are popping open while the lovely Daffodil faces dance in the breeze. It was undeniably a breathe-taking Sunday to enjoy outdoors.
This morning, a lovely visitor stopped by Susan Sarah (Oops sorry for goofing on your name!) of Splashin’ Glory. I took the opportunity to return the gesture. Reading her first post kindled my heart. I knew this was a soul after my heart. I sensed it in her words and attitude. If you’re a woman who loves the Lord, then you will feel right at home there.
For all of my smartphone enthusiasts, you may want to look for the iHeart Radio app. If you love music, then you’re gonna like this because you can custom design your own stations by artist or song. What iHeart will do is look for similar artists/songs from your selection. It’s really nice to have Internet radio available on my iPhone. This may keep my compulsive side from buying too many CDs in the future. You can visit iHeart online here to see what they have.
Speaking of music, you may want to get your daily dose by clicking on Female Artist Picks on MMMM. If you’re like me, you’re having your cup of Joe. Mmm, yesterday my DH bought a new flavored coffee – Blackberry Cobbler by Archer Farms just for me. If you’re not familiar with Archer Farms, this is a Target store brand.
It’s time to top my coffee cup off again. For more random Monday musings, join Carissa atlowercase lettersand link up!
What’s plunking around in your noggin’ this morning?
Want more random musings? Then visit tomorrow for Random Tuesday Thoughts with our hostess Stacy Uncorked
A new week is upon us, but no need to feel despair. Get your morning off with a few laughs, by reading Friday Sillies #19 Kidsand then play in a little get-to-know-me/you meme.
Heather at Acting Balanced is keeping with the original Meet Me On Monday format hosted by Java from Never Growing Old. Each Sunday, Miss Heather will post 5 questions for us to copy and paste into our own Monday morning post. Be sure to display the MMMM button on your post, which you can grab off her site by clicking below.
This week’s questions:
1. What is on your bedside table?Aside from two alarm clocks, yes two alarm clocks I have a small Tiffany-style, although I know it isn’t a Tiffany brand (stained glass panes) lamp, a small lovely curio cabinet which house all my tiny bottles of perfume on top of which I have two teddy bears, my Bible, my iPhone charging base where I keep my phone at night, and a Precious Moments figurine. These are the only things worthy to mention.
2. Hardback, Paperback or E-Reader?I’m not big into reading novels. I haven’t been for many years. This all came to be about the time I became Mommy. My over-tired and easily distracted brain wouldn’t grasp anymore than a few paragraphs before I put my book by the wayside NEVER to be touched again. I discovered magazines were the only thing I could read comfortably. Now that my kiddos are grown and practically moved out of the house then I’m slowly, very slowly introducing the world of serious reading to my plate. I know you’re wondering where this is all leading, right? The bottom line is I prefer to read novel length books from my iPhone because this allows me to see a few paragraphs at a time to trick my brain into reading more and more. My goal is to graduate to an iPad or my PC using the Kindle app. Call me insane, but I think it’s working!
3. What is your ‘go to’ drink of choice?My ‘go to’ drink. I don’t know, if I have such a thing. I like a lot of different beverages. I start my morning off with a hot cup of green tea or two and with breakfast I always have a cup of coffee. During the day, I drink water, water, water to satisfy my thirst. Occasionally, I may have a glass of Poweraid or diet soda, but to say I have a ‘go to’ drink? Nah, I just don’t have one.
4. How do you like to spend your birthday?The best way for me to celebrate my birthday is with my family. I love chillaxin with them! They are so good to bake & decorate a chocolate/chocolate cake served with peppermint ice cream for me. Yeah, this has become my standard request for a few years now. Peppermint ice cream? You see, my birthday is really special because it falls in the middle of the hustle of Christmas. Growing up, my birthday sort of got swept under the rug or blended. I felt a bit cheated. My DH and kiddos changed all of this for me, though. I feel like the star of attention on my very special day. We like snuggling in with a good movie or two having pizza and enjoying my yummy birthday cake!
5. Finish this sentence – I would never be caught dead in …a bar! Going into a “bar” would not only be really uncomfortable, but it would be really embarrassing for me because of my religious and conservative upbringing. Of course, I don’t drink so I have no need to go into one.
Next, if you wanna get in on the action link your MMMM post below. It’s that simple! This is a fabulous way for you and your readers to connect.
Music is the pulse of my day. How about with you? On Monday mornings, I love to play along with a few musical memes. You may like to check out…To All the Daydream Believers to sample a taste of my funky groove this a.m.
Roku totally rocks! Do you know what it is? This is a super neat device which allows you the ability to connect your TV to your computer or the Internet! It’s like the Apple TV. Last week, we bought the newest version, Roku 2 XS. We wanted one for some time and the deciding factor to buy now is simple; they were offering a $10 off plus a free shipping deal. We couldn’t pass that up!
The one thing we love about this cool device is it instantly taps us into hundreds if not thousands of Internet channels with a few clicks. If you’re interested, here is a sample. Many of the channels are free and you don’t have to pay anything extra. Why you can even access your existing subscriptions such as Netflix on your Roku device, too.
Like usual, we spent part of our weekend watching movies. These were some of the tops on our list, which we accessed free through Amazon Prime Instant Video on our new Roku. =D
Do you like hot deli-style sandwiches? A few years ago, we ate at Beef O’Brady’s. We tried their Watterson sandwich. Yummy was it good! Not long after we ate there, the only location in town closed. Bummer! That sandwich was worth making another visit, but that wasn’t going to happen for us. Thankfully to the amazing world-wide web, I found a recipe for the Watterson. It’s totally easy and the end results are super-duper good!
Watterson is a Beef O’Brady’s trademark. I can’t call my version of their sandwich this, so I renamed it. No instructions were given on how to prepare this sandwich, only the ingredients listed, which left me to improvise.This is what I came up with…
Roast Beef & Swiss on Grilled Rye
Ingredients: Premium Roast Beef (I used the Oscar Myer Slow Roasted Roast Beef) Swiss Cheese (I used Jarlsberg Swiss. Great stuff!) Rye Bread Mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickle, and onion.
Heat the roast beef in a skillet on the stove top. While the roast beef is warming up, grill only one side of the rye bread in olive oil. Get it nicely toasted. Pour water off the roast beef and divide into equal portions. The 10 ounce package of roast beef make three lovely portions. Top roast beef with a lot of sliced Swiss cheese and cover skillet with a lid so cheese can melt. Set the heat to low on roast beef and then finish grilling the rest of the bread. Spread mayo on one half of the grille rye bread, place a pile of melted Swiss cheese & roast beef on top of mayo, then add onions, tomatoes, pickles, and lettuce. Place other piece of grilled rye bread on top, cut, and serve. Wha-lah, it’s ready to eat!
This sandwich goes well with a cup of home-made potato soup, which is precisely what I served with ours. It’s an excellent meal on a cold winter’s night. Enjoy!
I’m monkeying around with floorplanner.com to design my dream home. Maybe, I’ll come up with something I wish to share with you in the coming days. I was thinking since what we really want is property, then maybe we should look to buying the land we want and build. Why not, right? The possibilities are endless when planning your dream home. The bottom line is, I’m going to have fun digging and researching every aspect to get what I’ve envisioned for years.
Don’t panic, it’s NOT Monday again. I happened to find this new get-to-know-me/you meme this morning after visiting a fellow blogger pal who stopped by yesterday.
I’m a bit impatient. I didn’t want to HAVE to wait a whole week to get in on the action. This is why I’m a day late playing. I’m just thrilled the hostess has her linky open for a few more days and you still have time to join, too. Just click below and link up!
Now, if ever you have played with Java, from Never Growing Old, then you’re familiar with the way she conducted her MMMM hop. Acting Balanced is keeping with the format.
Java put her MMMM meme together for months on end. She’s gotten into a funk and hasn’t posted a new one since December. I really can’t blame her,though. This is coming from a woman who works full-time outside the home. She simply takes my breath away with her tenacity at running this blog hop for as long as she has.
Anywho, perhaps a very long hiatus will help her to get things into perspective or it will be a wonderful opportunity for someone else to take the reins, like our new hostess.
Are you ready to learn a little more about me? Then read below my answers to this week’s questions:
1. What was the first live concert you ever attended? The first concert I attended was Christian youth rock concert put on by Sammy Hall, a rocker hooked on Christ. This was in the early 70s in rural WV where he performed and trust me, it was borderline sacrilegious to listen to rock-style Christian music. It changed the way I looked at the gospel and planted a very positive seed in my heart one summer night many years ago. 2. What colors look best on you? I prefer soft colors over all, mainly pink or white, but I do love the eye-catching hue of red. 3. What is one thing about you that most people wouldn’t know? I have NEVER taken any illegal drugs EVER in my life. I don’t know what it is like to “get high”. Like many teens, I experimented with taste-testing beer, wine, whisky, and even moonshine. None of which appealed to me enough to make me want to drink more than a few sips. I count myself blessed for being pulled into trying marijuana or other addictive substances more addictive. 4. Who would you call to be bailed out of jail? I would definitely call my DH. It doesn’t mean, he’d have the money to get me out, but I’d call him nonetheless. Let’s hope I NEVER have to call ANYONE for this kind of help. 5. What do you think is the greatest invention of your lifetime and why? In the past 50 years there have been so many wonderful inventions from home electronics to deep space exploration. Personally, I’m totally nuts about computer technology. This is one industry that continues to amaze me from Desktops to laptops to tablets to smartphones. The world has gotten closer without me having to go anywhere. With a few clicks, I can do research, read the news, check my mail, place an order, or call a friend. To not have my smartphone now would be like going out in public without clothes.
Thanks for joining me. Leave a comment below, if you would like for me to come by for a visit. Be sure to visit next Monday, as I’ll will play again and hopefully you can link up with my Monday’s Music Moves Me post. Happy blogging!
A new week has dawned…it’s MONDAY!!! Are you awake yet? Have you had your second or third cup of coffee? This week is going to be hectic! Before I go half-crazed, let me skip over to Java’s for a little get-know-me/you fun with…
This week, she’s asking…
1. Does your family/friends know about your blog?Yes, or at least some do. I’m not sure if they care or not since most…maybe all of my long-time friends and family aren’t into blogging. I know before I became I blogger I did not get the appeal at all, but now I’m totally hooked.
2. What is your favorite card game? Spider Solitaire. I like this game so much I have an app on my phone. I have it set for four suits, but rarely…I mean rarely ever win. I enjoy the challenge of it, though!
3. What do you wear to bed? Aah…you may want to ask the kiddies to leave the room, but…eh em…I usually sleep in my birthday suit. *blush*
4. What is your favorite kind of French Fry? The kind I eat of course. Oh, that’s not the answer you were looking for, you said. Well…French Fries are usually something I don’t eat too often. I know, I’m weird like that, but they are so high in calories. Occasionally, I can’t resist these deliciously sinful golden fried beauties just like in September when we had our “alone time”. We ordered some at a few different restaurants. I can’t recall where we got fries now, but I think I prefer a thicker cut fry like a steak fry the best. I don’t like greasy fries. I want to be able to taste the potato NOT the oil. I usually like them seasoned with salt, but we did get some Cajun style fries at Five Guys, which were tasty.
5. What is your usual bedtime? Through the week, we try to be in bed as early as possible which is often times is between 9 and 10. However, there are some nights I could slip underneath the covers before 9 due to exhaustion. This week is going to be like that, I’m afraid.
It’s your turn, link up Meet Me On Monday URL below and don’t forget to visit Java’s blog to grab her button to add to your post!