Hello Kittens & Pups! It’s the last Wednesday of November and the month really clicked by unprecedentedly fast. I guess it’s because I had too many irons in the fire and when you’re busy, time sorta skirts by unnoticed. Nothing is finer in the summertime than that cold, creamy frozen taste of ice cream! Occasionally, we’ll make a special trip south of Knoxville to Loudon to visit the Tic Toc Ice Cream Parlor. They make their own ice cream and boy, is it yummy!
Next is my Wednesday Hodgepodge segment hosted by Joyce. This is an excellent way to get to know your fellow blogger and you’re invited to play alone.
1. What’s something blogging has taught you about yourself? I’m still a work-in-progress but what I’ve learned from blogging is carefully critiquing my writing. I still make plenty of goofs but I catch more than I used to, so that’s a good thing in my opinion.
2. Leftovers…are you in the ‘reheat and eat’ camp or the ‘put them in the fridge until they spoil and then toss them’ camp? What’s your favorite thing to have leftover? What can you not abide by as a leftover? We are leftover fans. There is nothing we do not like, we enjoy it all until it’s gone.
3. ‘Me time‘…your thoughts? Most of my time is “me time” now that we are empty nesters. I enjoy every aspect of doing things around the house, even the chores. I feel more in control of things than I did when the house was full. Of course I miss those days but I’m in a new phase and I can take life easy. I reckon I truly call the “me time” things I love doing like sketching or photographing or anything creative which includes blogging.
4. When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with? It seems the only time people come to me is when they need help. I know that’s not right but it honestly it seems this way and generally what they need is money. Seriously, do I look like an ATM? lol
5. If your childhood had a smell what would it be? Tell us why. Cotton candy because it was such a sweet time filled with lots of good friends and loving family.
6. Insert your own random thought here. This week, I made my first batch of Christmas candy! It’s an easy recipe. I hope you like it. 🙂
Just so you’ll know, I dipped some in ❄️Ghirardelli Chocolate White Candy Making Wafers, 10 Ounce, too. Both versions are excellent if I say so myself but you be the judge and give it a try for your crew! ❄️Affiliate Link
I’m gonna round things out with a little poem I penned for this week’s prompt of “In Other Words…SHOPPING“.
©2017 Cathy Kennedy
Shopping, shopping, shopping makes me giddy
It puts my bank account in a tizzy
Instead of green, its’ now in the red
No moo-lah January 1 I dread to pay the bill
Shopping, shopping, shopping makes me ill…instead
Seriously, this isn’t me but I couldn’t resist getting a little crazy with this prompt especially now we’re in the thralls of Christmas shopping. 🙂
I’ll see you on Friday for a bit of laughs with A Twisted Christmas #BoTB showdown. Life is easy-going for Curious as a Cathy during the holiday season where there’s no bah-hum-bugs allowed, just bunches of Ho-Ho-Ho and a lot of jolly good fun. I took the liberty of scheduling posts in advance through the rest of the year. Comments viewed daily and return visits followed in short order. Let’s have the hap-hap-happiest season of all!