Thank you for including me in your Monday, kittens & dawgs! I invite you to hit the dance floor with the M4 (borrowed from John at The Sound of One Hand Typing) gang XmasDolly, Stacy, Colette , and little ole me! This week’s theme is “Male Names Song Titles/Lyrics“.
I had some obvious first song picks with this week’s theme which I wanted to use but pretty certain they’ll get a lot of play time from others, so I began thinking of a theme within the theme coming up with songs inspired by or written about male celebrities.
I’m wind things down in another direction with my theme within a theme by sharing a playlist of songs written about male celebrities.
I went with the artists’ songs I most enjoyed that I found in this article and according to the artists wrote with these entertainers in mind.
- No Doubt, “Don’t Speak” (Tony Kanal)
- Selena Gomez, “The Heart Wants What It Wants” (Justin Bieber)
- Taylor Swift, “Style” (Harry Styles)
- Sheryl Crow, “My Favorite Mistake” (Eric Clapton)
- Taylor Swift, “All Too Well” (Jake Gyllenhaal)
- Britney Spears, “Everytime” (Justin Timberlake)
- Taylor Swift, “Last Kiss” (Joe Jonas)
- Madonna, “Miles Away” (Guy Ritchie)
- Carly Simon, “You’re So Vain” Devid Geffen UPDATE: Per Wikipedia song is NOT about Geffen. Part of the song IS about Warren Beatty and at least two other unknown men.
Can you share a song(s) not already named with today’s theme? Leave your “male name song titles/lyrics picks in comments! Who knows maybe I’ll do a future post with your suggestions. 😉
Most of the summer…well pretty much of all of summer I’ve been unofficially off the blogging radar but it’s official now. I’m away from Blogosphere until after Labor Day but… I am hitting the dance floor each week. I can’t let my co-hosts and you down to get your week hoping now, can I? I’ll see ya next week for “your choice” song picks with Monday’s Mewsic Moves Me!