I am yet to get back on track. Last month’s blog challenge kinda tossed things up in the air, mostly the direction I want to go and how to get things accomplished. Until I can get things straightened out again, I more than likely will continue to play late with my mid-week Q&A hops. That being said, wanna come with?
My first stop takes me to Patrice’s @ Everyday Ruralty for Chats on the farmhouse porch. This week, she asks:
- Is there one person who can drive you nuts, even if they aren’t doing anything in particular? No one I know fits the bill on this one. It’s usually those who are doing something that drives me nuts that make me nuttier.
- When you were a small child, how did you answer the question, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” I don’t know what I said to others, but I knew I always wanted to be a wife and mommy. I am blessed to be both.
- Do you drink more sodas, iced tea, or water? I drink more H2O than anything, but I do drink my share of diet sodas.
- My favorite flavor of iced cream is at the moment is either Mocha Madness or Mocha Almond Fudge by Blue Bell. Of course, I have never met an ice cream I didn’t like.
- Do you like to dance? Yes…around the house…where no one else can see me.
Continuing the Q&A session, let’s visit Joyce @From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge.
1. Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking? I think I do some of my best thinking comes when I’m facing a challenge and it throws me into high-level search mode to find the solution to my problem.
2. Are you a risk taker? What’s one big risk you’ve taken? Oh yeah, I’m a risk taker! I don’t hesitate for a second when I’m faced with a freezer full of Blue Bell ice cream flavors that are new to me. I will buy one of each kind to test my luck. No matter what the outcome is, I just chalk up the risk as a learning experience. Seriously, though I think the biggest risk I ever took was becoming a mother. For the most part, I have to say the risk has been well worth it.
3. Some of the most common phobias according to the National Institute for Mental Health are-fear of spiders (arachnaphobia), snakes (ophidiophobia), heights (acrophobia), fear of spaces from which escape is difficult (agoraphobia), fear of thunder and lightening (astrophobia), fear of dogs (cynophobia), injections (trypanophobia), social situations, flying (pteromerhanophobia) and fear of germs and dirt (mysophobia). True phobias affect only about 10% of adults, but of those listed which would you rate as your greatest fear? None of these paralyze me, but I guess the one that rattles me most is the fear of snakes. I don’t like these creatures in the least.
4. Are you settled or do you feel the need to move somewhere new? I would definitely like to moves somewhere new, as into my dream home someday. I like where we live, but I want more space inside and out. We are too confined in this house. Maybe, we will find a new place we can call home soon.
5. What is something you find annoying when dining in a restaurant? When our waitress/waiter doesn’t check back with us to see how things are or to freshen our coffee or give our check to us before we request it. These things greatly influence the outcome of the tip we leave for that person. I know how important tips are to a server and yet some act like we “owe” them. That’s not the case. A position that requires no added schooling, a good server can make more money than someone flipping burgers. When someone does a good job, then we enjoy rewarding that person.
6. Daffodil yellow, sunset orange, spring green, or sky blue…your favorite color this time of year? I like all of these colors, but I think the one that speaks to me saying spring is here is when I see Daffodil or forsythia in bloom. I feel happy all over!
7. If you were going to take a holiday all by yourself, where would you go? All by myself? I don’t know that I want a holiday by myself. Can I take DH? I think I would go to Bar Harbor, Maine. Anywhere along the Maine coast line is gorgeous, but time spent in Acadia National Park is breath-taking!
8. Insert your own random thought here. I have a rash on my face and my scalp. I suspect I’m allergic to either my protein powder and/or almond milk. I’m lactose intolerant, so I think the protein powder may be the culprit. Yesterday I stopped having my protein shakes to see if the rash clears up. Have you experienced similar food related problems?
Please join my NO-RULES Thursday Thoughts linky party below:
Until next time, be well and enjoy life!