Good-morning kittens & dawgs! Usually, I like to pull together a random chat on Tuesday mornings, but I shared my new blog friend’s upcoming book release to announce. Anywho, I promised Les @ Time Out For Mom that I’d answer her questions (below).
I thought this would be good for newbie’s to Curious as a Cathy to learn more about me with these 10 get-to-know Cathy facts!
- Nicknames didn’t get pinned to me all that much, as a kid. My childhood BFF gave me one. You can find out what it is if you want by reading 10 Cathy Facts. My favorite is the one DH gave me. Legs. No, I don’t have long legs. He just likes them. I love it and it’s a lot better than the ole ball and chain! 😉
- I have hazel eyes. Sometimes they appear green and other times they look like chestnut. But, I have yet to see a blue reflection like some people do with their hazel eyes. I’m actually a little jealous.
- Do we have to talk hair color? Well…it’s more or less a sandy blonde with shimmering white flecks. I would color my hair, but nothing ever works (OTC) to mask it. So, I think I’m slowly accepting this is the way it’s meant and move on.
- I’m truly a girly girl. I love all things girly ~ from a man opening a door for me to wearing heels. There is a lot of in-between stuff that comes with being a girly girl. I make no apologies or excuses for the way I am. I totally embrace being a soft woman and having others see me this way.
- My absolute favorite color is soft pink. Nothing says femininity like soft pink does, except maybe white and I do love those colors together.
- I’m not sure how to answer the question on my favorite place. Are we talking about vacation place or just in general? I’m going to go with a vacation because that’s simple. I love the New England area, especially the coastline of Maine with all those lighthouses. If you’ve read my blog for a while, then you already know this little tidbit. Maine is a beautiful state and I really want to go back!
- Many of the celebs I enjoy watching are from the 80s ~ Tom Selleck, Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Tom Hanks, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, Pierce Bronson, and Tom Cruise. This list is by no means complete. I have a soft spot for all these aging actors. The new (or not-so-new) popular actors I like are Antonio Banderas (Assassins, The Legend of Zorro, Expendables 3 )Hugh Jackman (Kate & Leopold), John Hamm (Mad Men), Kiefer Sutherland (24), Ryan Reynolds (The In-laws & The Proposal), Chris Evans ( The Losers and The Iceman), Jason Statham (Chaos & The Italian Job), George Clooney (O’ Brother Where Art Thou & Ocean series), … If I think about it enough, I can add more names. Maybe, I’ll have to do this as feature post sometime soon to give all my favorites recognition.
- I’m a fan of all animals in general, but if I had to pick one maybe a moose or black bear. I have yet to see a moose in life. I became kinda fascinated with them since our first visit to Maine. Unfortunately, we didn’t go to the best part of the state for moose watching. On occasion, we spot a black bear and some elk (the closest thing to a moose I’ve seen) in the Smoky’s. It never fails to make me giddy as a school girl to see woodland creatures in the wild.
- Are you kidding me…a favorite song? I don’t know that I have just one favorite tune. You gotta remember this is coming from someone who does two music related posts each week and most days I include a song with my writing. But…I have a very special place in my heart Bread’s music (listen to the full album The Best of Bread below)
- Reader’s Digest? lol Actually, reading anything longer than a magazine article is about all I have done for many years. I never read a lot and after I had kids my focus for sitting down with a good book vanished…completely. I buy interesting e-books with the hopes of changing my crazy mind now the children are all out of the house. Hopefully, the passion others experience for literature will ignite with me.
NOTE: The above hyperlinks are my posts that I thought you might like.
What’s your nickname? Do you have a favorite song? Tell me something new about you!
It’s time to hit the road again and I hope you’ll hop in the backseat for the ride as I head over to meet a few of my fellow A2Zroadsters.