I don’t know if I’d go so far to call Tuesday Monday’s ugly sister but some Tuesday make me think it’s Monday all over again. How are y’all doing this morning, kittens & dawgs! A couple of weeks ago I shared a long forgotten song 123 Redlight by 1910 Fruitgum Company which spurred the memories of Steve of the bubblegum sound of Ohio Express Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, another song I forgot all about until the reminder. What’s interesting is I learned they recorded the Scooby-Doo theme song. Anywho, while poking around YouTube I found this playlist the full album The Very Best of Ohio Express. (Song Tracks: 00:00 Yummy, Yummy, Yummy 02:18 Nothing Sweeter Than My Baby 04:37 Lucky 06:45 Sweeter Than Sugar 08:49 Nighttime 10:37 Chewy, Chewy 13:17 She’s Not Comin’ Home 16:04 Gimme Gimme 18:40 1, 2, 3, Red Light 20:52 Down at Lulu’s 22:46 Firebird 25:17 Sausalito (Is the Place to Go) 27:35 Pinch Me (Baby, Convince Me) 30:10 Mercy)
51. What is the one item you can’t leave home without? Other than my purse, I’d have to say my cell phone. I remember the day when I worried about forgetting one of the children and now I worry about a phone!
52. What is your favorite music genre? I love all kinds of mewsic but if I have to pick one genre then I’d have to go with “Rock”. That’s a broad category so I can narrow down a more specific period my mewsical enjoyment the 60s – 80s. These were the years to crank out the most mewsic with the most memories for me.
53. What is the furthest you’ve ever been from home? In 1997, we took a business trip that we turned into a mini-family vacation where we lodged in Bar Harbor for three or four nights. One day, we drove to West Quoddy Head Lighthouse in Lubec, Maine. It was amazing. The fog rolled in suddenly triggering the lighthouse horn, talk about loud, just before a hail pelted us. We ran like crazy to the car to avoid injury. That was no easy task while carrying a toddler while hurrying along two young girls under the age of 10. We beat DH to the car but he had the keys. That’s almost 1300 miles from Knoxville!
54. Who is the best teacher you ever had? I had a lot of good teachers. It’s hard to see who was the best but I had some favorites which included Mrs. Holly (first-grade and later 7th grade science), Miss Spivey (Home Ec), Miss Smare (English), and Mr. Wimmer (Art).
55. Who is the first person you call when something exciting happens? Assuming DH already knows the good mews then I generally call my mom.
56. Who is the first person you call when something horrible happens? Again assuming DH already knows, and depending on what the bad mews is then I call either my folks or my kiddies.
57. What is your most embarrassing moment? Funny as it sounds but the most embarrassing moment I had was when my 5-year old daughter snapped a picture of me in the shower. Nothing was revealing, she only got my head as the curtain was partially pulled up at the back and I was shaving my legs. At the time, I didn’t know what she was getting and had to wait to get the film developed.
57. What are some of your bad habits? One of my worse habits is I don’t say the ending of some of my words. I think I do this especially when I talk too fast. My brain and mouth don’t work together like they should.
59. Who is your favorite musician? Hmm, that’s a tough one. I like so many different artists. I don’t know that I have a favorite. In the late 70s, Chicago and Bread were my two favorite groups.
60. What is the first movie you remember seeing? I remember going to the movies when I was very young, perhap grade school. Me and a few friends went to a Saturday matinee a few times but I can’t recall what the movie was other than it was old horror film like Frankenstein or Dracula but the first movie I recall by title was Sasquatch The Legend of Bigfoot. It scared me to death, too.
Previous g2km posts…
Here’s your chance your get in on the fun, feel free to borrow my questions to create your own G2KM post.
51. What is the one item you can’t leave home without?
52. What is your favorite music genre?
53. What is the furthest you’ve ever been from home?
54. Who is the best teacher you ever had?
55. Who is the first person you call when something exciting happens?
56. Who is the first person you call when something horrible happens?
57. What is your most embarrassing moment?
58. What are some of your bad habits?
59. Who is your favorite musician?
60. What is the first movie you remember seeing?
Final step, come back, link-up, and if you want grab the linky code to add to beneath your G2KM responses!
Starting this month, I will share a g2km post every other week and on the off week’s throw out a random question or topic for y’all to grab. Check out next week’s prompt under my NEW page Cathy Chats at the top. 😉
linking up taking a HOT coffee break with Stacy Uncorked and Eugenia @BrewNSpew this morning and you’re invited to come with and let me remind you to visit again tomorrow for not-so Wordless Wednesday.