Welcome Kittens & Dawgs! Last month while visiting some of the western North Carolina mountain communities, we went through Lake Lure. You may recall a couple of years ago I shared images of the Lake Lure Inn with you. That’s it across the lake.
Facing the Lake Lure to my right you’d be heading toward Asheville. Not far from the Inn is the police department and public parking where we discovered a nice walking trail. It was a lovely day for late December and the temperature was nice.
We didn’t spend too much time here but I could’ve have easily. We were on our way to Forest City, which you may remember I shared with photos a few weeks ago.
There were a dozen or more geese feeding in the park. They didn’t seem too worried about us and made very little effort to scurry away. Oh sure they honked and waddled a bit but that’s about it. A few acted like they were posing for me. 🙂
Please join my linky party if you have photos to show off today!
Next is my Wednesday Hodgepodge segment hosted by Joyce. This is an excellent way to get to know your fellow blogger and you’re invited to play alone. Here are my responses.
1. What keeps you blogging? Blogging is a way for me to stay connected with others. Years ago, I pen palled a lot. I had nearly 200 friends around the globe who I wrote to regularly. However, as I got more active with the internet this part of my life slipped and while I tried keeping up with email that eventually dwindled. Although I initially began blogging to promote my children’s book which fizzled eventually but amazingly, I discovered a wonderful circle of friends. The blogging platform lets me share my creativity with others and allows me to enjoy what others have to offer. So, what keeps me blogging? It’s you, my friends! 😉
3. What’s a song you’re embarrassed to know all the lyrics to? Are you really embarrassed or do just think you should be? These days, I don’t think I know all the lyrics to any song but if I did I don’t think I’d be embarrassed to admit that I did because very little embarrases me.
4. When you were a kid what’s something you thought would be fantastic as an adult, but now that you’re an adult you realize it’s not all that fantastic? Being grown up and while it has its perks, there are times I miss the worry-free life of a kid. You know the burdens moms and dads carried that we now find heaped on our shoulders? Yeah, you get it, right? I couldn’t understand just how good it was to be a kid even for a short time. Will kids ever learn to not wish their days away?
5. Share a quote you hope will inspire you in 2018.
6. Insert your own random thought here. Last Friday, I shared the original picture with my SWF pals. I love to tinker and maniuplate to re-invent my photos, so I ran the image through the Brushstrokes app on my iPad and I liked the final project. What do you think? Unfortunately, I did not take note of the steps I used in my photo-art creation. 🙁