Good-morning, kittens & dawgs! I enjoyed last week’s get-to-know-me (G2KM) session and while I the original author hasn’t posted any new questions I thought I’d come up with a few. I’m going to keep the questions to 10 each week. Anything more gets to be too much, don’t you agree? Grab a cup of coffee and listen to this band introduced to me last week by my good bud, Lee from Tossing It Out while reading the next installment of Get to Know Me 2018!
If you liked this song by The Colourfield, then you might like this YouTube playlist.
31.Where are you from? Raysal, West Virginia. If you know where that is then here’s a high-5 to ya!
32. Where do you live? Knoxville, Tennessee
33. Where were you born? I’ll give you a hint, Steve Harvey comes from this part of West Virginia. What’s that, you don’t know? Why ever not? Okay, I was born in Welch, WV.
34. Which of your parents are you closest to? At this point in life I feel equally close to my parents. Had you asked me 40 years ago, I probably would’ve said my mother.
35. Which of your parents are you more like? I think I’m more like my mother but I do see bits of my daddy in my personality.
36. What’s one thing you like most about each of your parents? My mother’s determined spirit. She has always been a go-getter, picking up the load whenever needed to get our family through hard times. My daddy doesn’t have much education. He only went to the sixth grade but he has an understanding of the Bible that blows the mind and can quote scripture in a snap.
37. What’s one thing your parents did that meant a lot to you? My folks didn’t have a lot when I was growing up but they gave me a small wedding. That was something I wanted and they made it happen. In retrospect, I wish I hadn’t put them through the turmoil and expense. They borrowed the money from my grandparents who borrowed the money from the bank. I wish I understood that it wasn’t important to have a formal ceremony (way over-rated) and that a Justice of the Peace or our Pastor without the fanfare is all we needed to get married. I often said, if I could change one thing it would be to not have a wedding.
38. Do you have siblings? If so, how many? Yes, I have three; two younger brothers – one by blood and the other adopted (my birth brother passed in 2006) and a baby sister.
39. Which sibling do you connect with best? I’m not sure connect is a good word for the relationship I share with my siblings. We’re very different but I love them deeply. At one time I could answer this question by saying my sister but things changed over the years.
40. Do you live near your parents and siblings? My parents and baby sister live in southwestern Virginia & my adopted brother lives not too far from West Virginia’s capital city.
Here’s your chance your get in on the fun, feel free to borrow my questions to create your own G2KM post.
31.Where are you from?
32. Where do you live?
33. Where were you born?
34. Which of your parents are you closest to?
35. Which of your parents are you more like?
36. What’s one thing you like most about each of your parents?
37. What’s one thing your parents did that meant a lot to you?
38. Do you have siblings? If so, how many?
39. Which sibling do you connect with best?
40.Do you live near your parents and siblings?
Final step, come back, link-up, and if you want grab the linky code to add to beneath your G2KM responses!
linking up taking a HOT coffee break with Stacy Uncorked and Eugenia @BrewNSpew this morning and you’re invited to come with and let me remind you to visit again tomorrow for not-so Wordless Wednesday.