Good day, Kittens & Dawgs! Last December before DH started his new job, we enjoyed the pleasures of a beautiful day around town. The early evening sunlight and location made photographing this lovely church difficult but I managed to squeeze in the bulletin notice of Christmas Eve Candlelight Service. Maybe, I’ll get a second shot at photographing it this holiday season.
Next is my Wednesday Hodgepodge segment hosted by Joyce. This is an excellent way to get to know your fellow blogger and you’re invited to play alone.
1. What title would you give this current chapter of your life? Pressing Forward is our current chapter because of the storms surrounding us. We decided we can’t live under a cloud caused by others. This is out of our control and the worry is consuming which leads to damaging health. All we can is place these burdens in God’s hands and do our best to move on, living a full, rich life. “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart…” (Proverbs 3:5-6) is our daily mantra.
2. December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what’s the most common thing you microwave? Could you get along without a microwave? I use my microwave for reheating leftovers mostly or for a quick thaw. I could get by without a microwave for a short period but honestly, this is one modern invention that’s made life in the kitchen a lot easier. I’d be lost without it!
3. If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why?
4. Describe the most beautiful drive you’ve ever taken. I don’t have a particular place that’s beautiful. Anytime I’m out with sunny blue skies and whispy white clouds overhead then every place we go is beautiful. We can be in the Smoky’s, on the Blue Ridge Parkway, driving through the western NC mountains, or just a few miles out of the city along a rural country road. Living in our area is beautiful and I can’t imagine living anywhere else.
5. What’s something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one) I don’t have a list this year because I got an early, unexpected Christmas gift from DH a couple of months ago that trumps what I originally had on my list but when did have that figurative list, I had an Apple pencil on it. DH got me a new iPad for our anniversary because the one I had suffered from the ails of a swollen battery. 🙁
6. Insert your own random thought here. On Saturday, we got out to enjoy the weather and to look at a few houses when we came across this quaint old church. Isn’t it gorgeous?
Today (yesterday) I made my Christmas Stollen and oh heavens the house smelled mmm, deeelicious I tell you! I hope it tastes ever bit as good as it smelled baking.
For the rest of the year, I’m taking life in Blogosphere easy limiting post contributions. If you don’t wanna miss a post then I encourage you to subscribe to my email service to get notification of the latest mews on Curious as a Cathy! Have a good day!