Welcome Kittens & Dawgs! A couple of years ago you may recall DH & I went to Gatlinburg on Friday afternoon and if not you can check out more photos here from that visit. This picture I did not share. It was just beginning to get dark. I used the magic of Pixelmator photo editing to create a night fall illusion.
Next is my Wednesday Hodgepodge segment hosted by Joyce. This is an excellent way to get to know your fellow blogger and you’re invited to play alone.
1. Where have you found unexpected magic or delight this holiday season? I can’t say that I found either because I always look for the magic and delight of Christmas whereever I am. Usually, it’s not hard to see both present at the same time.
2. What’s your favorite type of holiday gathering? Will you/have you gathered in your favorite way this month? I prefer quiet gatherings with initmate family members. My prayer for 2018 is to be in a bigger home to have more room for our expanding family. Sometimes, I think wouldn’t it be awesome to have a place which can accomodate our family, parents, siblings, nieces, and nephews even if it’s just once in a blue moon. Then, I remember Christmas Vacation and don’t want things getting out of hand. lol
3. Time has named ‘The Silence Breakers’ (women who came forward with stories of harassment) ‘person of the year’ for 2017. Would you agree? If not, who do you think deserves the title? Sadly, this topic while certainly needs attention, those who often time makes claims is motivated by greed not out of a sense of seeking justice. Who do I think deserves person of the year? I have no clue who to give the title to but honestly, do we need to?
4. How did you spend your time this year? Are you happy about that? Elaborate. I spent my time preparing for the holidays in increments which always makes me happy. Anytime I’m not stressing or pushing myself beyond my sanity level then all is good with the world.
5. Bid farewell to 2017 in ten words or less. I don’t think I can say good-bye to 2017 in so few words but assuming I don’t have to prefix my sentence with the words Goodbye 2017 then I’d say… lessons learned with sights on greater things in 2018!
6. Insert your own random thought here. From the same trip as my featured image, I took these photos. You can see clearly (woman in lower right corner wearing a sleeveless blouse) how mild the temperatures were the afternoon we visited Gatlinburg. Neither of us wore a jacket but by the time we got to the car the air was nippy. It was tolerable. We had a wonderful time. Anywho, the birds flocking to the sign fascinated me. I couldn’t get the exposure right. I tweaked these two image slightly in Pixelmator.
How many birds do you see?