Purrs and hooowdys, Kittens & Dawgs! I realize that Halloween is now past us but I got to poking around on Google when I stumbled across a cute DIY costumes worn by kids and I knew I just had to share them with you in my Friday Sillies spot. Enjoy!
Too cute, right? Which is your favorite? Did you have any “Trick or Treaters”?
I’m re-sharing a piece of fall splendor captured on my street a few years ago with the participators of Skywatch Friday and other photo enthusiasts. Unfortunately, we did not get this kind of show this year.
Did you have pretty fall colors in your area? Are all the leaves down?
I’m joining Lexa in I Celebrate The Small Things. Today, I’m celebrating…
- … sorta making contact with Lexa (yes, our host). She accepted my FB friend request and she even mentioned me in a comment, so yeah she’s still among us. I know, I know what’s one to think after a long absence? I was worried about her but hoping for the best. She’s still in the recoup mode which I totally get. That was so me about four years ago after getting horribly sick from an acute diverticulitis that resulted in 2-weeks in the hospital and surgery in the end.
- … the end of summer’s heat and return of cooler temps. I tried living in the moment despite for the first time this summer but honestly I secretly looked forward to the nip of autumn, which we really got last weekend!
- … the holidays. Thanksgiving is three weeks away and I eager to begin prep for our feast and then all things Christmas!
- … the continued good progress with DH’s eye after retina attachment surgery. It looks like he can wait until next spring to have the oil bubble removal surgery (the oil bubble is used to hold the retina in place). We’re not sure if the cataract surgery will be done at the same time or separately. There’s always the possibility that removing the oil bubble can cause the retina to detach but we’re hopeful because at the end of next March is the one year anniversary of the retina surgery and his eye will have a long healing period. This might play out favorably for him, too. *say prayers, keep fingers crossed*
- …getting to see DD#2 off for Maine late Wednesday night. Hopefully by the time this post goes live, she will send a text or call saying they are in Portland. The last 2 -3 weeks have been a whirlwind. I’m going to miss my baby girl!
What are you celebrating?
1. My favorite part of November is Thanksgiving. I love the holidays!
2. Every November, I work frantically preparing our Thanksgiving meal in advance and items like the the turkey, ham, and dressing I make enough to put in the freezer for Christmas. This makes things easier in December..
I’ll leave with this new-to-me mewsic discovery at 30 Songs About November.
I decided earlier in the week that I need to scale back in Blogosphere with the holidays coming. If you don’t want to miss a single post then join my email subscription to get instant notification of the latest mews! One thing you can bank on is the rest of the year, you’ll find me consistantly on the dance floor and you’re invited to boogie with me on Mondays Mewsic Moves Me (our next theme next week is – your choice)! X💋X💋, Cathy