Good morning, Ghouls and Boos! What a spooktacular way to begin the week to find your haunting around my blog! Are you ready to rattle your bones? Our theme this week is “Halloween” but we’re not finicky if you have tunes to share then we’re ready to boogie with you and we invite you step on the dance floor with XmasDolly, Colette, and little ole me!
Alice Cooper does creepy VERY well. He’s an entertainer and his fans want a show. Let me say I am not an authority on heavy rock bands. Today’s inspiration is a spin-off of a broader idea but for now I’m going to share some ballads, a few I know but most are new-to-me in this A Not-So-Spooky Alice playlist. Enjoy the mewsic!
- “Only Women Bleed” from Welcome To My Nightmare album comes one of Cooper’s biggest hits, ranking #1 (Canadian charts) and #12 in the US in 1975. Like many, I thought the song was about a woman’s menstral cycle but it’s actually is about a woman in an abusive marriage. I’m not sure what spurred Cooper and Wagner to write the ballad. I can only hope it was bring more awarness to domestic violence. Regardless the reasons or what the song is about, I think the melody is gentle.
- “You and Me” Cooper’s lead single from his 1977 album, Lace and Whiskey reaching #9 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and #8 on Cash Box Top 100 that summer. Cooper’s song did better in Canada (#3) and Australia (#2 ) making his song this the 13th biggest hit of ’77.
- “It’s Me” from Cooper’s 1994 The Last Temptation album; reaching #34 in the UK.
- “Only My Heart Talkin’” this power ballad is from Cooper’s 1989 album Trash. The song charted #89 in the US but peaked on the Australia’s chart at #47
- “Burning Our Bed” is from Hey Stoopid 1991 album. The lyrics tell of guy who’s heart belongs to a lying woman but severes ties, burning bridges, calling it quits with their relationship
- “How You Gonna See Me Now” Cooper co-wrote with Bernie Taupin (yeah, Elton’s co-lyrists) and Dick Wagner released from his 1979 album, From the Inside, charting #12 on the US Billboard Hot 100. This song tells the story of man anxious to get back with a lost loved now changed but worried how will she see him?
- “Be With You Awhile” from 2003 album, The Eyes of Alice Cooper speaks of a man who wants to be with his gal doing the smallest or silliest things just so he can be with her.
This is a weekly hop for mewsic enthusiasts regardless if you follow our weekly theme or not if you have mewsic to share then we’re ready to dance with you. Otherwise, I ask that you do not link non-mewsic posts below to boost traffic to your site. You’re welcome to leave your URL in comments with a brief description inviting me to check it out. Thank you!
Are you a fan of heavy metal rock bands?
What ballads come to mind when you think of this genre?
Do you think some heavy metal groups are truly evil or is all an act?
What mewsic moves you today?
I invite you hop over to McGuffy’s Reader for more “Sparks” of inspiraiton/encouragement. Let’s make the world a better place, one person at a time beginning with #1! 😉
Me: What do mummies like listening to on Halloween?
You: I don’t know.
Me: Wrap music!
If you liked the joke, you’ll find more Halloween jokes, here.
Okay, you’re next…make me laugh and what do you expect other than a joke about mewsic? Keep those tunes playing and your body swaying, I’ll see ya around the cyber block and don’t forget to join me tomorrow for Cathy Chats!