Howdy! Howdy! Hi! Yep, I’m doing it again. I’m breaking from my break. What I realized is it’s ok because I need to give myself permission to not keep doing the same thing if I don’t and that’s what I’ve done in Blogosphere a long time I will have a major melt down. Plus, I think I need to go a new direction with my posts even if it’s only for a short while and this summer is a good time to do it. What this basically means is I’m not doing my routine blog hops unless the mood hits me other than Monday’s Mewsic Moves Me. Did you hit the dance floor with me yesterday?
My friend Debbie is hosting 30 Odd Questions BlogFest on her site all summer and I decided to play along. This is an excellent get-to-know-me/you meme and I hope you enjoy my responses! 😉
- What did you want to be when you were a kid? Other than being a wife and a mommy, I had fantasies of being an actress like many kids but my mothering tendencies made me think a little about nursing. I’m not sure to this day why I didn’t pursue that field of study. Instead I did something I never thought of…computer programming. That’s crazy, huh?
- Which “Friends'” character do you relate to the most? Why?
I didn’t watch “Friends” enough to know the characters well, so I found a site that will calculate which character is your best “Friends” pick. I took it twice, kept all answers the same except for WHO WOULD I RATHER DATE? The first time I picked Rachel. Yes, I know I’m being a little naughty and whole lot of silly but hey it’s all in fun! Anywho, my “Friends” character came back as…You got: Chandler -Well done! You’re a funny one with a heart of gold. No one really knows what you do for work, but you can rock the mysteriousness. The second time around, I selected Don Drapper (Madmen character played by John Hamm). My “Friends’ character came back as…You got: Monica – you’re a little uptight, but you’re a great cook, a great host, and a great friend. I thought it was funny that I got the two characters who were a couple on the series. 🙂 I actually like the sound of Chandler’s character over Monica’s which is nothing at all like me other than I’m a great cook. Okay, a good cook. 🙂
- Do you like your name? Why? Yes but I didn’t always. Cathy was a very popular name in the 50s and 60s. In my class there was always two or three others. The only difference is they spelled their name with a “K”. I was about the only one to spell it with a “C”. I like it now is one it just grew on me and two it seems to fit me. Maybe it has something to do with having the name “Cathy” all my life. You may want to read my post, Cathy – Day 23 G2KM Blog Challenge.
- Are you messy or neat? When I cook or create I’m a bit messy. My work area is a bit of wreck but after I get my project done then I clean up. I don’t wig out because of the mess, I just take care of it.
- How tall are you? I’m on the shorter side of average for a gal standing all 5’2″. I used to want to be taller but being this height suits me just fine.
- How tall were you when you were 10? Seriously. I have no clue how tall I was but I’d say I had to be close to my current height. I think I stopped shooting up by the time I hit 13.
- What is your guilty pleasure? A Couple of years ago I listed 10 Guilty Pleasures which I shared with my Monday Morning Musings peeps. Since that time I decided I don’t have guilty pleasures because we do the things we do because we enjoy life.
- What are you saving money for right now? Upcoming medical expenses and always keeping savings padded for periods of unemployment.
- How many Pringle’s can you eat at once? I haven’t eaten Pringle’s in many years so I have no clue how many I could stack together to eat comfortably. I’d say it wouldn’t be many because that makes for some sharp eating.
- Tea or coffee? Both. Tea on occasion and coffee every morning.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? At times I’m both but mostly I’m an extrovert especially those I know or feel comfortable around.
- What will be your Halloween costume this year? I’m wearing it. I call it the “Me Face” that acts like a mood ring. Do you remember those? So, depending on the mood I’m in will depend on how scary or funny I will look on Halloween.
- Sweet or salty? The two put together is a great combination but lately, I prefer having salty foods over sweets.
- Favorite social media? I guess Facebook. I don’t spend a lot of time there and even less time on Twitter. There for a while, I was surfing Pinterest every day but I slacked off. Actually, I’d have to say Pinterest is my favorite because there are so many creative ideas and I love browsing all the pins.
- Who is the last person you kissed? DH
- What is your favorite breakfast? I’d have to say pancakes with sausage. I love to make whole wheat pancakes served with maple syrup. Oh, heavens is that good stuff! Pancakes made with bleached flour is awesome, too. When the kids were small I had a weekend routine where I made blueberry pancakes often.
- When is your birthday? December. Why you got me something? If you don’t mind a suggestion, you can’t go wrong with cash. Just saying is all.
- When did you start your blog? My blog anniversary is a matter of days away. I started blogging June 1, 2010. It’s amazing how vested I am in Blogosphere – 7 years and I don’t have an itch to skip out on y’all. I reckon our relationship is weathering time pretty well, wouldn’t you agree?
- What is your opinion on the Kardashians? First, they are over-rated. I’ve seen far prettier girls in real life or other celebrities than any of them. Second, the drama is absolutely crazy judging on the tabloid headlines and finally, I just don’t care.
- How would you describe your style?
- What color is your hair? Sandy brown with glitter. That’s a better way to say gray.
- What color socks are you wearing? I’m not wearing socks but if I were they’d be white.
- What is your dream job? I’m doing it. Being at SAHW is really da bomb! I do what I want when I want. There’s no boss to answer to except me. DH is very good to take care of me getting me whatever I want within reason but I wish I could contribute to the budget which would allow us to enjoy however we please. Don’t get me wrong, I count my blessings every day because we are fortunate. God is so good to us!
- Dogs or cats? I consider myself a cat person but I love dogs, too. I’d really like to have both for outdoor pets. It’s nice to have animals around. They are loving and make your life better.
- What makes you weird? I guess being normal because everywhere I turn I see abnormalities in one form or another, so I’m sure normal is weird to most.
- Celebrity crush? I can’t think of a celeb crush at the moment but in the 80s I had a crush on Tom Selleck and my girl crush was Christie Brinkley. Heck, I still crush on Christie. She’s amazing looking for her age!
- Opinion on cigarettes? It’s a nasty habit with huge health risks to the smoker and the folks around them. Vaping is really big now. Everyone says that’s safer than cigarettes but you just wait in 10, 20, or 30 years from now they’ll find that Vaping is damaging, too.
- Do you want/have children? How many? I have three grown kids. Can I give them to you? I’m teasing, folks. Where’s your sense of humor? Oh yeah, you haven’t found it yet with the onset of kids. lol Really, parents of small children think it’s hard but let me tell you at the first sign of opinions forming WATCH OUT! because trouble is brewing. Actually, it’s more than just developing opinions. I can accept that, it’s the rebellion and then after that, you just, worry about them to make the right decisions, their safety, their health, their everything because that’s when you realize you can’t fix their problems like you did when they were small. They will never understand this fully until they are parents.
- Three favorite boy names. Austin, Joseph, and ??
- Three favorite girl names. Brittany, Nicole, and Danielle. We liked Brittany Nicole when I was prego with our first but we decided to reserve one of two favorites if we had two girls someday and we did. 🙂
You read past posts highlighting factoids about little ole me, here and here. It that isn’t enough, you can check under Blog Achievements for more posts I’ve written telling more about myself. I figured you were here I may as well sell myself to you. You can thank me in comments. 🙂
I’m heading over to The Doglady’s Den to link up and if you liked this then you can follow along to lift these questions off her blog to create your own post.