Good morning, kittens & dawgs! If you’re like me after last month’s exhausting A to Z challenge then you’re ready to take it easy. Here are five ways to do just that, take it easy.
- Give yourself permission to unplug from the Internet for a week or two or longer if needed. A blogging hiatus can do a gal or guy wonders!
- Tackle a much-needed house chore. That seems like an odd way to take it easy but failing to do things around the house mounts when spending the better part of a month engaged in Blogosphere so actually knocking a big project off my to-do is energizing.
- Indulge in your favorite passions. All winter and spring I’ve neglected photography for various reasons some which include preparing for my Art Sketching Through the Alphabet theme but finding myself behind the lens refreshes my mind and when I can’t do this then I like to create photo art with existing photos.
- Visit with a friend. This doesn’t have to be a face-to-face either. Two ways I’m trying to reclaim to stay better connected with long distant friends is regular phone conversations or to write a lengthy letter to keep her in the loop of my life, both of which are refreshing.
- Listening to mewsic. You know mewsic is a big part of my life, as it yours and that’s probably what brought us together in Blogosphere in the first place. Mewsic is soothing and relaxing to the spirit even if it’s an uptempo, get-to-your-feet mewsic. Mewsic empowers the soul!
How do you take it easy?
Speaking of mewsic, let me introduced to you new-to-me band I heard on ReverbNation in February. This group got my attention with their song Ender (#3 on below playlist). Why does this song sound familiar and yet not I haven’t heard it before? Turn up your speakers and perk your ears to Groves!
If you want to learn more about Groves, BestNewBands interviews the group last September.
I’m joining Les from Ink Interrupted for Tuesday Coffee Chat. She’s prompting us to finish this sentence, If I had could go anywhere today…. I would head to the mountains with a cooler filled with cold soft drinks, snacks to munch on, and camera in hand to capture some beautiful scenic shots.
But…this isn’t going to happen until DH gets his visual bearing straightened out. Although his retina is now completely attached he has little depth of field and the vision in that eye makes everything kinda greenish tint. He needs two more surgeries (one to remove the oil bubble from the retina re-attachment procedure & cataract surgery) and then new glasses. Despite these problems, we’re very happy he can see with that eye. Years ago a person would lose their sight because they didn’t have a way to fix it.
That’s a wrap for this morning. I’m hopping over to Stacy’s for Random Tuesday Thoughts and you’re welcome to join me if you want.
Did you vote in yesterday’s 3-Way Take It Easy #BoTB showdown? Please take a moment to listen and weigh in the fun! I hope you’ll hop back tomorrow and link up with me for not-so Wordless Wednesday.
Have a terrific Tuesday!