This sounds like interesting fun and I’m sure it’s gonna stump me, but hey I love a good challenge, so I happily accepted. Thank you, ladies!
Miss Andi created The Music & Words Award as a way to acknowledge and link people who love music. Each Friday, she bestows 5 new awards to five different bloggers with the hope to showcase great music blogs of all genres globally. I do not know Miss Andi, but you can bet I’m gonna find out more about her.
Here’s how you play, if you choose to accept the award:
1.Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer these questions with words AND music:
- WHAT DOES MUSIC MEAN TO YOU?
- WHAT IS YOUR FIRST MUSIC-RELATED MEMORY?
- WHAT’S THE FIRST ALBUM YOU’VE PURCHASED YOURSELF?
- WHAT’S THE LATEST MUSIC YOU’VE PURCHASED? (NO ONLINE STREAMING OR FREE DOWNLOADS, I’M TALKING ABOUT CASH HERE!)
- WHAT SONG DID YOU LISTEN TO LAST? (NO CHEATING, COME OUT WITH THE DIRTY PLEASURES!)
3. Pass the award on to 5 bloggers who inspire you with their posts about music.
4. Tag your post with #MWA, for Music&Words Award so that we can all find you down the line.
5. Quote these 5 steps and the award icon in your post. You can display the icon on your sidebar as well.
WHAT DOES MUSIC MEAN TO YOU?
A stumbled upon this new-to-me quote that sorta sums up best what music means to me.
WHAT IS YOUR FIRST MUSIC-RELATED MEMORY?
I was 13 when Terry Jack released Seasons in the Sun. I’m not sure why this particular song sticks out above all the rest, but it does. I know the lyrics always made me sad. I guess I just felt for the poor soul in the song you know the whole death thing. In retrospect, I think I had all of those adolescent hormones working against me and THAT is why this song stirred deep sorrow, almost to the point of tears, every time I heard it. Stupid hormones!
WHAT’S THE FIRST ALBUM YOU’VE PURCHASED YOURSELF?
Honestly, I do not remember the first album I bought. I never bought music when I lived with my parents. They didn’t have a lot of money, so any music I came by was either recorded by a friend or given to me by a boyfriend. Looking back I remember joining BMG Music in the early 90s. Do you remember those music clubs? Anywho, I think I got at least two Amy Grant albums.
Age to Age
Now life is easy. Both albums now can bought easily from my favorite online affiliate source Amazon.
WHAT’S THE LATEST MUSIC YOU’VE PURCHASED? (NO ONLINE STREAMING OR FREE DOWNLOADS, I’M TALKING ABOUT CASH HERE!)
Seriously? Is this question even allowed? lol Let’s just say, it’s been many years since I actually paid cash for anything let along music. Plastic is the way to go and you can pay your credit card company online from your bank account. Oh wait… the question states no streaming or freebies. *smack forehead* In that case, I bought an assorted collection 20 #1’s: Classic Rock – Various Artists from iTunes (affiliate link in red) sometime late 2015. 🙂
WHAT SONG DID YOU LISTEN TO LAST? (NO CHEATING, COME OUT WITH THE DIRTY PLEASURES!)
We recently concluded watching Damages on Netflix and this song caught my attention so much so that I had to find out the artist and song name.
This song isn’t available on iTunes, but thankfully someone on YouTube provided this neat set of instructions for converting video files to mp3.
- Copy YouTube link
- Visit http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
- Past YouTube link in box
- Click “Convert Video” button
- Once completed, you’ll get a download option, click to download, and you’ll find it in your Download folder.
That’s pretty cool, huh?
Nominations, in no particular order, goes to…
- Les at Ink Interrupted
- Tom at Shady Dell Music & Memories
- Patrick at Adventures in Weseland
- Kisma at Sounds Like Life to Me
- Steve at Be There 2day
Thanks for sharing this dance with me. Let’s keep the party going, link up and join the fun with the Monday’s Music Moves Me crew and I invite you to join me tomorrow for round two of BoTB! Have a tunetastic week. 😉