Good-morning, kittens & dawgs! First up, I made a tiny name change for Tuesday’s chat to CathyChat, instead of CatChat. I didn’t want to confuse others who are looking for fellow blogger Caren & Cody.
Okay, I’m really excited!! Looky, what I got…
Thanks to Dixie at dcrelief, for bestowing to me the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I’m a bit mystified and humbled by the nomination. I think she must have hit her head when she pulled that muscle in her leg. lol Really, though wasn’t this the sweetest thing? Absolutely!
I guess, I need this means I need to share something that’s inspiring, eh?
There’s nothing like a hot bowl of chili to chase away the cold of a winter’s day.
Curious as a Cathy Homemade Chili
1 large onion, chopped 1 tbsp. ground cumin
3 cloves garlic, minced 2 tsp. salt
2 pounds lean ground beef 1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 8oz. can tomato sauce 2 tsp. dried Mexican oregano
1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 ½ c. water 1 tsp. sugar
⅓ c. chili powder 16oz. kidney beans
- Cook kidney beans to desired tenderness.
- Drain kidney beans, but reserve water for use later.
- Brown ground beef; toss in all cumin, salt, pepper, oregano, cayenne pepper, and chili powder. Stir often while breaking beef into small pieces, cooking meat thoroughly until there is no pink.
- Add drained cooked kidney bean to seasoned beef, add onions, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, & sugar (if desired). If more liquid is needed, then add the water from the cooked beans.
- Cook chili over medium heat to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for an hour.
- Serve bowls of hot chili with a slice of homemade cornbread and enjoy!
Curious as a Cathy Homemade Cornbread
- 1 c. yellow corn meal
- ¾ c. plain flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ c. buttermilk
- ¼ c. canola oil
Preheat oven to 400º; grease round pan and set aside. Mix all ingredients thoroughly and pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-minutes. Serve hot out of the oven!
By accepting this award, I agree to follow these rules for the Nominees:
✓1. Thank the person who nominated you, and link to their blog.
✓2. Display the award logo.
✓3. Nominate 15 other bloggers (more or less) and include their blog link for others to find. I choose to pass this honor to 5 fellow bloggers, for now until others come to mind, who always inspire me:
- Les @ Time Out For Mom
- Claudia @ ImagesByCW
- Ramona @ Create with Joy
- Lee @ Tossing It Out
- Louis la Vache @ ‘56 Packard Man
✓4. Leave a comment on their blog, to let them know they have been chosen.
✓5. Mention three things that inspired you the most during the past few weeks.
- The amazing talent of street performer, Sammie Jay. Check her out here!
- I found a tempting recipe, easy-to-make Chocolate Chip Oreo Muffins @ Home.Made.Interest inspirational.
- Finally, inspiration for next month’s A to Z Challenge is forming inside my head, as I jot post ideas down to begin creating soon.
Are you feeling inspired? I am! 😀
A personal note to my readers: I thought you should know that some of my commenters blog URL associated with WordPress does not link back to their actual blog making it difficult for others to find you. You may want to fix this to encourage newbies to find you easier! 😉
That’s a wrap for this morning. I hope you’ll hop & link up tomorrow for Wordless Wednesday. Have a terrific Tuesday!
For day specific blog hops, click here.