Another birthday, another DIY rubber-stamp art project!
The anniversary of my mother’s birthday approaches and it was with great pride that I created this cute card.
Feel free to duplicate mine or to use for inspiration in creating your own one-of-a-kind card. Here’s what I used:
- Rubber-stamps: Strawberry Birthday set048 (largest stamp in set is3⅛”h x 3⅜”w)
- White and red card stock
- Pre-cut ivory greeting card (5″w x7″h) and envelope
- Brilliance galaxy gold pigment ink pad for basket of berries and single berry stamps
- Ranger Ancient Gold princess gold embossing powder for basket of berries and single berry stamped image
- ColorBox black pigment ink pad for little girl stamp
- MemoriesTM cherry red acid-free ink pad for birthday phrase on front
- Prismacolor pencils
First stamp and use embossing powder on the berry images, and then stamp the little girl image on white card stock. Use color pencils on artwork. Carefully, tear around the basket of berries image and glue to red card stock. I left about a 1/4” boarder of red card stock visible. Next, cut around the little girl and single berry image. Now, you are ready to glue all three pieces directly to the pre-cut greeting card and then stamp the birthday phrase for the finishing touch.
Inside the card, write your own personal message. My lack of imagination was sparse when I came up with these simple words:
You’re the sweetest pick in the bunch!
I learned that my mother is a Wednesday child full of woe, and I thought how fitting. She has known many hardships in her lifetime, but her resilient, scrappy nature keeps her head high with determination to overcome adversities. In my eye, she is a real self-motivating and resourceful woman. She is meek in spirit and loves the Lord, but certainly is not weak. I admire and love her dearly.
The woman to be admired and praised
is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God.
Give her everything she deserves!
Festoon her life with praises!
Read the entire message from the Bible, here.
I dedicate this song to my Mother because I see the letter S under her vest cause she’s Superwoman!