In honor of our nations birthday, let’s take a little look at some Independence Day trivia.
- There are thirteen stripes on the American flag, can you tell me what these stripes represent?
- Who made the first American flag?
- Who wrote the “Star Spangled Banner”?
(1) The thirteen stripes represent the New World’s 13 colonies, which rebelled against the British rule to set up the freedoms we enjoy today.
(2) Betsy Ross
(3) Francis Scott Key penned the words to this national song aboard HMS Tennant where he witnessed Fort McHenry being bombarded in the Battle of Baltimore.
For more fun Independence Day Trivia, click here!
Angela from Mommy Time Out and I would like to welcome you to WAYBACK WEDNESDAYS. We hope you’ll decide to join us. To participate in this blog hop you don’t have to follow a bunch of rules. It’s simple! Just link up your blog, twitter, or Facebook below (only one please).
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope to see you next week. What memories are taking you wayback this Wednesday?