I can’t run worth a flip, really, and to discover I’ve been tagged comes as no great surprise. No, I’m not really talking about the running game. Actually, I’m kinda of excited about being tagged. Let me explain, this is a blog game. You can rest easy now knowing there is no physical activity involved, other than the gears and wheels turning in your head. Last week, I got a surprise when I found My Kid’s Mom nabbed me for this little Q&A.
Warning, WARNING….this is a lo-o-o-o-ng post! This is my first time playing blog tag, so here are the rules…
Step #1: Post Rules
- Each person must post 11 things about herself on her blog.
- Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
- Let each blogger know that you have tagged them.
Simple enough…rules posted!
The good news is all I have to do is list 11 things. The rules do not say they have to be interesting or entertaining things. It would be nice if I had a little of something that I could consider interestingly entertaining about myself, but I have to admit I’m as interesting as a cucumber, if you can call it that. Yeah that sounds more like boring, right?
Step #2: Here are the list of 11 Things you’re dying to know about me, I’m sure….
1. I’m a figit. If I’m sitting still then some part of my body has to be moving.
2. I can’t resist dancing. It makes no difference where I am, if a song moves me then I’ll dance.
3. I love to sing! Again, it makes no difference where I am, if a song comes across the air then I’ll break out in sing. It embarrasses the socks of my kids.I consider this payback for any uncomfortable moments they’ve put me through. =D
4.I’m allergic to dust. This is why you’ll find a dust bunnies on the loose at my house and like real ones they multiply!
5. I like cats, but don’t have any because I can’t have them in the house. Yes, I’m allergic to cats, too.
6. I want a dog, but city living is no place for outdoor pets with no free space to roam. It just seems cruel to me. One day when we get a place with more land, then I want to have a couple of big dogs and several cats. Who knows maybe we’ll spring for a goat. It’ll beat having to buy a mower, right?
7. I’m a SAHM. I’ve been away from the work force for 23 years and during this time I’ve home schooled all three of our kiddos from K-12. My youngest graduates this spring. We’re facing the empty nest syndrome. Do I applaud or moan? It truly is one of those bittersweet moments, eh?
8. I have a dream to go back to school. I like the idea of challenging my mind, but am not sure what I would like to study and if I do then it would have to be something I can do from home. The only thing of interest which strikes me is web design and even this I’m not absolutely certain about.
9. I want to compile a bucket list. This is one of my goals for this year. I don’t want to do anything outlandish. Bungee jumping or ski diving just aren’t my cup of tea, but there are things I would truly like to do before it’s all said and done.
10. We’ll have our house paid off this year and with that being said, I’ve already begun to look at new property. Remember, I’ve wanted my dream home for sometime and part of loving life is enjoying the things in it. This is really exciting for me!
11. I love to laugh. I don’t laugh quietly, either. When something tickles my funny bone then I laugh out loud. I’ve been known to turn a few heads, usually my DH’s. We’re so different. He loves a good comedy, but he kind of laughs to himself. That’s okay because I laugh enough out loud for the both of us. Come to think about it, I laugh enough for my entire family. That’s okay, I love me just the way I am.
Did you fall asleep? If not, then read a little further. I have to check off the next rule, which includes more Q&As. You may want to get a cup of coffee.
Not so simple to do, but done!
Step #3: Answer My Kid’s Mom questions:
1. City or country? I’m an in-between gal. I’d like to live outside the city away from the bustle, but not so far I can’t enjoy city conveniences when I want.
2. Laptop or desktop? I love my desktop computer. You get so much more bang for your buck, but laptops are awesome and you can take them anywhere. Thankfully, I’m blessed with both.
3. Grass yard or concrete? I love a beautiful grass lawn. Our yard is horrible. Nothing grows well in it other than weeds. We have this awful red clay here in the Tennessee Valley. I hope in our next home to have some good top soil dumped around the house so we can have that picture perfect lawn with lovely flowers.
4. Potatoes or rice? Overall, I prefer potatoes to rice. Potatoes are so versatile. You can steam, bake, fry, or mash them in all kinds of yummy ways.
5. Meat or vegetables? Both, they’re perfect together!
6. Upstairs bedroom or downstairs bedroom? Our house is only one level, but I’d love to have a house that not only has a full basement, but at least two stories. One of my dreams is to have a beautiful staircase I can decorate for the holidays. I know it’s crazy, but I can’t get that vision out of my head. I know when I’m in my 80s I won’t want to climb the stairs but still I want it!
7. Garage or carport? We have a one-car garage, but it’s not used as a garage. It’s our mini-storage room. I prefer a garage over a carport, though. I’d love to have a two or three car garage just for all the extra storage capacity this would give us.
8. Drive or fly? If you’ve followed along for a while, then you’ll know the answer to this one. I’m a big chicken when it comes to flying, so you guessed it I prefer driving. The way I see it, if God meant for us to fly like birds He would have given us wings. Okay, He did give us wings on airplanes, but I’m still a chicken. Hmmm, chickens have wings. Does this mean, I can fly? Nah, just a thought is all.
9. Talk or text? I gotta be careful with this one. For times when I don’t have much time, then texting is the best thing ever invented but I prefer to talk to people for the most part. Texting loses some of the translation for personal conversation and ironing out details.
10. Shower or bath? I love taking baths, but I have had the privilege of doing this in years. In my dream house, we’ll have a master bath which will have a wonderful deep Jacuzzi style bathtub and walk-in shower with no tube.
11. Ford or Chevy? Actually, I consider myself a Toyota gal. My DH’s first car was a Ford Fiesta (’77), but ever since we bought our first car in ’85 we have owned Toyotas – two Supras and two Camrys. We traded our ’87 Supra in for our ’87 Camry, which we still own. We also have a ’03 Camry. I would imagine our next car will be either a Camry or a Lexus. I’d love to have a Lexus! Oh so posh!!!
So-so easy enough. At least I got prompts on this part.
I am incredibly slow. Guess what? I got tagged again making this a double tag session. Yep, yesterday Suzanne from P.S. Annie caught me and wants to know the answers yet 11 more questions:
2. What is the best thing that has ever happened to you, outside of your spouse/children/family? The best thing that’s ever happened to me is finding developing confidence in myself, liking who I am for me. It’s good to look in the mirror and not see an ugly duckling anymore. It’s nice to feel smart even though I know I’m not Albert Einstein. It’s great to not worry about what someone else thinks cause I accept who I am shortcomings and all. I’ve learned confidence equals attraction and found others are more drawn to these feel good vibes. Who doesn’t what to be a part of this sensation?
3. What is the worst thing that has ever happened to you? I guess the worse thing ever to happen to me is when I miscarried in ’92. I was almost two months into my pregnancy. I cannot imagine what it’s like to carry a baby further into a pregnancy or even giving birth to lose a child. The miscarriage was gut wrenching enough.
4. What did you want to be when you grew up? I secretly wanted to be a movie star, but what little kid doesn’t dream of that? I always wanted to be a mommy and housewife when I was young so I never thought about being a teacher or a nurse or a whatever. Even when I was in highschool, I didn’t know what I wanted to do beyond getting married and even after I got married in my Junior year of high school I didn’t know what I wanted to go to college for. I wound up studying computer programming. I never got a job doing this, but I’ve worked with computers in some form or another after graduating and even after becoming a SAHM computers remained in my life.
5. Have you achieved any of your dreams? If yes, what was that dream? I always wanted to have one of my children’s books published and in 2010 my dream came true! You can read about The Tale of Ole Green Eyes if you’d like. Incidentally, I still have a small stash of books I am selling and am happy to autograph.
6. If you haven’t achieved any of your dreams, what has prevented it? Just because I’ve accomplished one of many dreams doesn’t mean there aren’t more I’d like to reach out and grab. I want to get more books published, but this will take time and at this point, I’m finding it difficult to motivate myself to be all I can. My time spent on my blog keeps me from writing my children’s stories, but I don’t want to give up blogging. So, I’m in a vicious little circle right at the moment.
7. What was your favorite subject in high school or college? I’ve always enjoyed history. I can’t think of what I liked in college.
8. Did you attend college? If so, was it your first-choice college? I went to a small technical college here in town. It was the only one I sought out so I guess it was my first choice. lol.
9. What is the link to the blog and/or website that you visit the most? At the bottom left of my blog, you’ll find all of my regular weekly memes I participate in. I’d say these are my most visited blogs.
10. What is one material thing that you absolutely could not function without? This is tough because I love my iPhone and computer. I’d say I couldn’t function without my computer, though. I’d feel so lost without it.
11. How many languages, other than your native language, can you speak fluently? What are they and what is your native language? Other than English and I wouldn’t say I speak this fluently, but I speak Baby babble pretty well. Okay, I use to be able to speak it well. Now that my babies are not babies anymore I may have to take a refresher course in it before I become a grandmother.
Okay, Suzanne’s questions were challenging and I really struggled with the. I wonder if the others did, too. You can read her blog post here to see who else got tagged. Boy does my brain hurt now!
Wipe the drool off your face. The Q&A session is over on my end. What a relief, right? Now it’s gonna get a bit fun for someone else. Tee-hee-hee!
Step #4: I’m tagging….
- Gretchen from Second Blooming
- Callie from JamericanSpice
- Debbie from Wise Old Owl Designs
- April from Straight from the Heart
- RoryBore from Time Out for Mom
- Sandra from Thistle Cove Farm
- Harriet and Friends
- Tom from Introducing “Mr. Cool”
- Anita from Lovin’ Life
- The Simple Life
- Naila Moon from Just the Stuff Ya Know
Please note….It seems like many of you can’t come up with questions or time to play tag. I just want you to know this is totally okay with me. I just sort of thought it would be a good way to get better acquainted. This was not intended to add any pressure to anyone. Just considered yourself loved, and maybe another time we can play tag together. =D
Step #5: Your Questions are:
- What doctor’s visit makes you the most uncomfortable? On a scale 1-10 rate your comfort level.
- Do you prefer a male or female doctor? Why?
- Are any of your children named after someone in the family? If so, who?
- If you could rename your children, what names would you pick?
- Do you consider yourself a concrastinator or procrastinator or somewhere in-between?
- Do you live by a to-do list?
- What’s the one to-do list thing you HAVE to do today?
- What is your favorite Magazine to read?
- How often do you shave your legs?
- Do you tweeze your own eyebrows?
- Who takes the trash to the curb at your house?
Don’t hate me, okay? Relax and enjoy!
Get this, besides being tagged, my sweet bloggy friend – Angela from Mommy Time Out sent me this award. Thanks, Sweetie!
I feel really special!
Okay here are the rules for accepting this honor:
Getting tagged and awarded has tired me out. I think I’ll hop over to
for more Tuesday fun posts. Stacy has done a fantastic job holding down the fort with this random thingy while Keely @ UnMom has taken a break!
Phew…have a terrific day rambling about whatever comes to mind!