It’s a New Year. Wow, right? Like so many others in Blogosphere, I took a mini break for the last two weeks from blogging. During my off time, a fellow author and good blogging friend passed the Stylish Blogger Award to me.
First, I want to thank Amanda Nicole Trisdale for naming me as one of the recipients of the award. How very thoughtful and kind of her to honor me. This is way too flattering, but what gal doesn’t like being rosy-cheeked from time-to-time? I say, “Bring it on!” It’s fabulous when someone gives you a compliment, deserving or not, right? You’re a real sweetheart, Amanda!
Secondly, in accepting this award I need to share with you seven little-known facts about myself. Personally, I don’t know if I have seven interesting things to share with you or not, but I’ll give it my best shot.
- I was almost 26 years old when my first child was born. That alone is not amazing but the interesting thing is we celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary a few weeks before this milestone.
- Anita is my best childhood friend. We have known one another since Kindergarten. To this day, we keep in contact.
- My two best Kindergarten pals birth dates are August 17 and October 15.
- I’ve only been on Facebook for little over a year. Yep, I’m slow with the social networking thing. I never thought I’d like that sort of thing all that much and now, I can’t imagine life without my daily hook-ups. Hmmm, maybe I need to join a support group. What am I talking about? Facebook is my support group, right?
- My mother is 16 years older than me. She’s more like an older sister than a mom with so few years between us.
- Here’s something really fun. My mother taught me how to do a cart-wheel. Isn’t that cool? How many daughters can say that about their moms? That’s just one of the benefits
frombeing a young mother, she got to grow up with her kids.
- Finally, I was 45 when I dyed my hair for the first time.
Hopefully, I didn’t bore you to sleep with these crazy facts and now you can say, “I know Cathy a little better than I did before.” Right?
Thirdly, I am to share this award with some of my fellow bloggers. This is the hardest criteria in accepting this award. How on earth do I decide? What a huge responsibility! After careful consideration it delights me to pass the Stylish Blogger Award to the following bloggers:
The Graphics Fairy If you like vintage graphics, then you’ll find this blog to be a cool addition to your blog log. I’ve gleaned some wonderful Christmas graphics from Karen’s blog throughout this month and while I’ve followed her blog semi-actively for five or six months, I only within the last month really taken note of how truly wonderful her blog is. It’s chock full of tutorials of how she or others have used her old-fashion graphics for in craft projects and while I’m not big into crafting, I hope one day to resume doing the whole artsy scene again.
A Writer’s Journal by Margaret Duarte is a fellow author. We came together through Facebook Networked Blog and I’m glad for our perchance to meet through this cool avenue. I discovered Margaret to be a talented writer. Each week, she offers her insight on what she’s learning as she journeys through her own lessons in her creative manifesto and has been consistent in keeping her blog’s theme as an author clearly intact. My hat is off to you Margaret for illustrating the purpose of your blog as a guide to inspire and direct other writers!
The Redhead Riter is witty, intelligent, and addictive. Okay, this is her tag line but you will soon find it to be true. I discovered Redhead Riter through the Blogfrog community but don’t even begin to ask me how I stumbled upon that social media. Ever since motherhood, I have been unable to keep information for more than a day or two at best. Now where was I? Oh yes, Redhead Riter! Just look at the many interesting tabs she has on her blog. Each one holds a treasure of its own. If you are like me, then you will find a warm and genuine appeal to Redhead’s site and will want to join. She makes everyone feel comfortable and right at home. Plus, you’ll get a kick out of her Blogfrog community if you decide to be apart of that. Those ladies will keep you in stitches.
Alaurilee Productions “Serving hugs on a platter and tears in a teacup” is a wonderful site of a newbie author who recently befriended me. Lauri Halterman has published a beautiful book of her poetry entitled Alaurilee Rhymes of a Random Soul and is in the midst of writing a children’s story. Interestingly, she uses her poetry in artistic creations you can see on her site. For the sentimental poet within, please visit Lauri’s website to be richly inspired and blessed.
I listed these blogs in no particular order of importance but simply ones that immediately capture my attention for sharing the love with you today as the newest Stylish Blogger Award recipients. Mega, mega thanks to Amanda once again for honoring me this way. Happy New Year to all!